Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Helping my brother

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
My mum has asked if I would help my brother revise for his exams, as a kind of personal tutor. She is going to pay me for my time so I want to do it correctly.

Has anyone got any tips on how I should go about this?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Yep, don't do it, he'll only hate you for it. No kid likes to be made to do work and being taught by your sibling is even worse! Kinda patronising if you get what I mean. But it depends how much you're getting paid! :lol:
  • Options
    He doesn't mind. He knows if he doesn't get some help he will fail his GCSEs because he's been a lazy little shit for five years and he wants to do well so he can be an accountant!
  • Options
    I did this type of thing for GCSE kids at school and for my little nephew's entrance exams but never got paid!!!

I found it best to get a copy of the syllabusses and go through the topics by working on lots of past questions, spending more time on the areas they found difficult. I met up with them a couple of times a week and emailed at other times.
    I only did science and maths subjects though.
  • Options
    I think going through past papers is a very good idea. :)