Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Bonkers Ressurection, the Sanctuary?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Hiya

Only just started getting into the hardcore, my fav at the moment is Bonkers Ressurection disk 1, what a banging fucking set. Especially the first half, hehe..I dunno though, by the time it gets to the second half I'm well off my tits, I don't really remember it even though I've listened 100's of times...:D

Anyway, I heard the Sanctuary is a wicked club, and apparantley plays the kind of music on this CD? Anyone know..?

Cheers for any info, Phil :)
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I'm afraid its not quite as simple as that. The Sanctury is a venue and really not a club. In that its a location and doesnt really hold its own nights, however lots of hardcore promoters do put on events there. Oh and its up north somewhere.

SV, United Dance and a few others are there quite often, have a look on www.ush.net they have good listings.
    Cheers blocky. :D
    NO NO NO

the skanktuary is a shit venue, i live 5 mins walk from there and it is fucking dirty,

when you have too many people in the the sweat dripps off the celing and is minging

the skanktuary is poo
    Listening to Demand from NYE as I type this.

You just missed Hardcore Heaven, was a few weeks ago. A brilliant night, but will have to agree with Type R, it does get rather hot in there.

Slammin Vinyl have a night there on the 5th of april. Check it out
    I've also heard not so great things about the place, I've never been though and they seem to fill the place quite often so it cant be that bad.
    If you want to go to a big hardcore event I'd recomend you go to either the next Raindance (the original and still the best) or United Dance at SE1.
    Hmm OK...I live in Wales though see, so going away to England clubbing could be bad...

I go to Bionic (Sy, etc) at Evo and I'm going to Emporium on Friday, should be a good laugh, was well munched last time..First time in the club and I was pickled, its a really trippy place I got lost and spun out in a room just standing there in front of two people doing nothing for like 2 minutes hehe...

So not only may I get munched and lost in England, there's the transport/accomodation etc etc, are they as loved up as they are down here? :D

I really wanna find a night out with the music off this ressurection CD, (Disk 1) hehe..

Thanks for ya advice guys/gals

Phil :D
    They are not running at the moment but keep an eye out for any Future Dance events if they start again.
    They were definately the best place for new Trancecore/Hardcore what ever you fancy calling it.

As for transport/accomodation just get the train to london and stay in a dirt cheap crappy hostel.