Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

The height of hypocrisy

When I first saw this I thought it was a joke... but apparently isn't. This is what happened when Ariel Sharon met a group of US congressmen:

Prime Minister Ariel Sharon said yesterday that Iran, Libya and Syria should be stripped of weapons of mass destruction after Iraq. "These are irresponsible states, which must be disarmed of weapons mass destruction, and a successful American move in Iraq as a model will make that easier to achieve," Sharon said to a visiting delegation of American congressmen. Source

Remind me again about the 'biggest danger to world peace' and 'threat to neighbouring states' phrases we keep hearing about... :rolleyes:
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I think he is working with a different definition of 'irresponsible' to us.............:rolleyes:

I wonder if he knows he is taking the piss or if he is fully convinced that what Israel does is right and good.

That worries me.....
    Just more zionist arrogance at work Aladdin. Nothing to be surprised about given that the cadre that currently control US foreign policy in and around the administration are predominantly zionists themselves, some are even dual US-Israeli citizens which I find to be a gross conflict of interest.
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    some are even dual US-Israeli citizens which I find to be a gross conflict of interest.

Didn't you support one for Vice-President?
    I suppose youre speaking about Gore? Your proof of this? (as you so frequently love to demand).
    No, I'm not talking about Gore. I'm asking about his running mate, Mr. Lieberman.
    Sharon is a Fascist. Pure and Simple.

The sooner the Labour Party get in the sooner Israel may become a responsible and less hysterical country.
    I actually voted for Nader in the primary and given the typical Democrat/Republican runoff was forced to vote for Gore as the only alternative to Bush.

True, I find Lieberman to be an onerous little man, but compared to the number of zionists Bush has staffed his admin with (and peripherals like Perle who heavily influence his Foreign Policy), one man pales by comparison.
    Those don't match the President's list which he clearly stated in 2001. They are Iraq, Iran and North Korea.

What Zionists are "in" the administration again?

You'll see, very soon you're going to be hearing about a free, unarmed, Palestinian State.
    Surely every state has the right to arm itself for the purposes of self-defence?
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    Those don't match the President's list which he clearly stated in 2001. They are Iraq, Iran and North Korea.

What Zionists are "in" the administration again?

You'll see, very soon you're going to be hearing about a free, unarmed, Palestinian State.

Unarmed? At the mercy of the IDF then?
    Some of the key staff and advisors who are hardline Zionists (and/or US-Israeli citizens)...

Ari Fleischer Official White House Spokesman for the Bush (Jr) Administration. Prominent in the Jewish community, he reportedly holds Israeli citizenship.

Richard Perle One of Bush's Foreign Policy Advisors and chairman of the Pentagon's Defense Policy Board. He had worked as Bush's national security campaign advisor. Perle was expelled from Senator Henry Jackson's office in the 1970's after the National Security Agency (NSA) caught him passing Highly-Classified (National Security) documents to the Israeli Embassy. He later worked for the Israeli weapons firm, Soltam.

Paul Wolfowitz Deputy Defense Secretary, Bush's foreign policy campaign advisor, close associate of Israeli agent Richard Perle, and reportedly has close ties to the Israeli military.

Douglas Feith Under Secretary of Defense and Policy Advisor at the Pentagon. He is a close associate of Perle and served as his Special Counsel. Like Perle and the others, Feith is a pro-Israel extremist, who has advocated anti-Arab policies in the past. He is closely associated with the extremist group, the Zionist Organization of America (ZOA), which even attacks Jews who don't agree with its extremist views. Feith frequently speaks at ZOA conferences.

Elliott Abrams National Security Council Advisor. He previously worked at Washington-based "Think Tank" Ethics and Public Policy Center. During the Reagan Adminstration, Abrams was the Assistant Secretary of State, handling, for the most part, Latin American affairs. He played an important role in the Iran-Contra Scandal, which involved illegally selling U.S. weapons to Iran to fight Iraq, and illegally funding the contra rebels fighting to overthrow Nicaragua's Sandinista government. He also actively deceived three congressional committees about his involvement and thereby faced felony charges based on his testimony. Abrams pled guilty in 1991 to two misdemeanors and was sentenced to a year's probation and 100 hours of community service. A year later, Bush Sr. granted Abrams a full pardon.

Dov Zekheim Under Secretary of Defense. He was invited, in 1999, to serve on the “Vulcans,” a volunteer team of foreign policy experts that advised then Texas Governor George W. Bush on international affairs.

Richard Haass Director of Policy Planning at the State Department and Ambassador at large. He is also Director of National Security Programs and Senior Fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations (CFR). He was one of the more hawkish pro-Israel Jews in the first Bush (Sr) Administration who sat on the National Security Council, and who consistently advocates bombing Iraq.

Henry Kissinger One of many Pentagon Advisors, Kissinger sits on the Pentagon's Defense Policy Board. For detailed information about Kissinger's past, read Seymour Hersch's book. Kissinger had a part in the Watergate crimes, Southeast Asia mass murders, Chile dictatorship and reaped investment profits in Yugoslavia. He consistently advocates bombing Iraq.

James Schlesinger One of many Pentagon Advisors, Schlesinger also sits on the Pentagon's Defense Policy Board and is another extremist pro-Israel advisor. He consistently advocates bombing Iraq.

Robert Zoellick U.S. Trade Representative, a cabinet-level position. He is also one of the more hawkish pro-Israel Jews in the Bush (Jr) Administration who advocates invading Iraq and occupying a portion of the country.

Marc Grossman Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs. He was Director General of the Foreign Service and Director of Human Resources at the Department of State.

Robert Satloff U.S. National Security Council Advisor, Satloff was the executive director of the Israeli lobby's "think tank," Washington Institute for Near East Policy. Many of the Israeli lobby's "experts" come from this front group, like Martin Indyk.

Ruth Davis Director of Foreign Service Institute, who reports to the Office of Under Secretary for Management. This Office is responsible for training all Department of State staff (including ambassadors).

Lincoln Bloomfield Assistant Secretary of State for Political Military Affairs.
    A very worrying list indeed. :(

At a time when the US/UK administrations and their warmongering supporters tell the world about UN resolutions and WMDs in an attempt to justify war I am surprised that no head of government involved in the crisis, least of all Saddam Hussein himself, has cared/dared to point out to Bush that resolution 487 is still standing. Resolution 487 was passed in 1981 and called "upon Israel urgently to place its nuclear facilities under iaea (International Atomic Energy Agency) safeguards".

That Sharon goes around telling people it's time to rid other nations of their WMDs while Israel has amassed several hundred undeclared and clandestine nuclear devices is fucking astonishing. Not to mention the chemical and biological stocks pretty much every observer believes them to have.

The best part though is hearing the Butcher of Tel Aviv calling these nations "irresponsible states". That coming from that bastion of human rights and fairness that is the Israeli government.

Do these things get reported in America at all? Or are people there so biased and one-sided that they actually don't care?
    Thanks Clandestine. I never take time to know what anyone's religion or ethnicity is. He's in with the Saudi's I know. Members of the Saudi family were the only one's allowed to fly right after 911 when everything was grounded.

Israel will only allow an unarmed Palestinian state. But maybe if they focus on building the wealth of their new state it would be better for them anyways.
    Considering it was the Israelis that provided arms to the Palestinian Authority, "unarmed" might be a little strong.
    Actually we are considering disarming the French. We are afraid of people having weapons they don't know how to use!:D
    Funny you mention that. One of the more popular slogans and placards at the march was "Disarm Bush and Blair". And I have to say it has a much nicer ring to it than "Disarm Saddam". :D
    Back to original post. Last night Bush gave a speech. And in it he said a lot of things including..."and when Israel is bordered by a peaceful, independent Palestine...there will be a stop to illegal settlements.

I thought I'd post it here since many on the site only care about the Palestinians.
    Has he told Sharon yet? Because the man has no intention of giving independence to Palestine or dismantle the illegal settlements.

And more crucially, will the US government finally be up to the task of making the Israelis comply with these and the other outstanding UN resolutions regarding human rights, the right of return for refugees and the international supervision of Israel's illegal WMDs?

This could actually be done without any force or violence. All America needs to do is suspend all economic and military aid until the Israeli government complies, and you would see results in no time.
    And to think, we have been saying America is ran by the Jews for years! :lol:
    Further to my previous post pnj, have a look at today's news .

Can we look forward to the US government tackling this menace to world peace any time soon?

:mad:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/international/story/0,3604,903585,00.html

Further evidence of Israels, 'responsible' behaviour and of its 'democratic' credentials

:lol:

:banghead:
    The Israeli's wanted to keep a fascist in power, let them deal with the consequences of such poor judgement.

I'm waiting for him to coin the new phrase " NO peace in our time! " :p
    Any thoughts pnj?
    asking alot of the boy aren't you Aladdin? Don't you mean "any cut and pastes?" ? :lol:
    Alladin, when I saw this title, I though it was gonna be one of those Mel Brooks jokes.

Man #1

"You know what's the height of hypocrisy?"

Man #2

"I don't know. How tall is George Bush anyway?"
    But what are your thoughts anyway? Have a look at the links posted 4 & 5 posts above. If you didn't before, I hope you will understand now that all those placards on the peace marches claiming solidarity with Palestine have absolutely nothing to do with anti-semitism and everything with trying to bring peace to region that has suffered far too much. And for that to happen the US government needs once and for all to stop protecting and giving support to that hideous, murderous lowlife and his government.
    I can see that point of view Aladdin.
    I think their will be a free Palestine by around 2005.
    I hope so. But I think you'll have to twist Sharon's arm to achieve that.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    I can see that point of view Aladdin.
    I think their will be a free Palestine by around 2005.

'Free'? Likud might create a puppet state but it would be dependent on Israel and vulnerable to the IDF.