Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Girlies

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I'm not really sure where this should be posted but just in need of some answers really.
Last month about 2 weeks( well 14 days exactly) before my period came i had some bleeding. This was just for the one night and my period came as normal about 3 days late(nothing out of the ordinary). As everything was fine i thought nothing of it but again tonight 1 days before my period is due i've had some bleeding. I'm thinking of honing up the doctors sugery because they have this helpline service in the mornings. Anybody experienced this, know whats going on, or have any advice?
Help would be much appriciated to rest my ickle mind! Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Re: Girlies
    Originally posted by MissTwinkle
    I'm not really sure where this should be posted but just in need of some answers really.
    Last month about 2 weeks( well 14 days exactly) before my period came i had some bleeding. This was just for the one night and my period came as normal about 3 days late(nothing out of the ordinary). As everything was fine i thought nothing of it but again tonight 1 days before my period is due i've had some bleeding. I'm thinking of honing up the doctors sugery because they have this helpline service in the mornings. Anybody experienced this, know whats going on, or have any advice?
    Help would be much appriciated to rest my ickle mind! Thanks!

Are you on the pill?
  • Options
    periods are funny funny things, and most of the times they go squiffy it's for no reason at all. the slightest change in diet/lifestyle/temperature and they go nuts.

they are also influenced by the pill.

to put your mind at rest, you could check with a doctor, but i'm sure it's nothing to worry about.

:)
  • Options
    There are many reasons why this could have happened - it could be nothing but could also be caused by the pill, pregnancy and various complications

Call the helpline, or make an appointment to see your GP, to put your mind at rest if nothing else.

Susie :)
  • Options
    no im not on the pill- that change anything or am i should i be worried again?
  • Options
    I don't mean to worry you, but it could be a symptom of an STI. Go talk to someone please!
  • Options
    It could be nothing, but get yourself checked out to be sure.
  • Options
    Thanks everyone! I'm going to phone the sugery in the morning - i think( if i can face it!)
    I've been really stressed recently so could that be messing me up as i've heard it does, but i've never heard of it like this
  • Options
    I'm thinking stress does affect your period (am I right?), because although my cycle is erratic, it's usually somewhere between 32-36 days, but this time it went right up to 39 days (I was beginning to think I'd had a miracle conception!)

I just put it down to the fact I've been worried about a lot of stuff lately.
  • Options
    Yes stress affects periods, intermenstrual bleeding (IMB) can also be caused by STIs including chlamydia

more here

Generally speaking if you think you have been at risk of pregnancy and thus STIs, or you are in a lot of pain it is always worth a trip to your GP or local GUM clinic.

Susie
  • Options
    That happened to me twice between my periods last autumn. I went to my doctor and she said it was probably perfectly normal and is very common, although she did say that if it carried on for more than a few months I should go back because it could be some problem with my ovaries (she explained it but I've forgotten). It stopped after the next month though and I'm fine now :)

So basically, don't worry it'll probably go away. If it doesn't and you're really worried, ask your doctor but it's probably perfectly normal :)
  • Options
    It happened again today so i've got another panic on now. My mum says it will take at least a week aget an appointment with the docter that i want so i don't know what to do, by that time it might have all stopped or whatever :(:(
  • Options
    Originally posted by MissTwinkle
    It happened again today so i've got another panic on now. My mum says it will take at least a week aget an appointment with the docter that i want so i don't know what to do, by that time it might have all stopped or whatever :(:(

You can ask for an emergency appointment & will get to see someone within 24hrs!