Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What to Drop

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Bah well i was told i have to start thinking about what subject i want to drop after AS leve, but i just cant decide between Business and History

If any1 could give me an idea of what A level Business and History are like so i could get a better idea of which one would be best to continue i would be grateful

ta. Gavman
Beep boop. I'm a bot.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    What are your other subjects?

History's usually looked on in a better light by universities, if you're thinking of going to uni. On the other hand, you should really do what you enjoy most and what you think you'll get the highest marks in.
  • Options
    Originally posted by perfect***day
    What are your other subjects?

History's usually looked on in a better light by universities, if you're thinking of going to uni.

...But not if you're planning on doing a business related degree :D

I'm taking business A2 at the moment, and i really enjoy it. If you have an enthusiasm for the subject, then keep it on, it's not very different from AS business, but you do more things in more depth, particularly the finance and accounting module. You also do slightly more advanced stuff, like critical path analysis.

Have you got A2 textbooks for either, or could you borrow them off your college? Flicking through those would give you an idea of what you'd be covering next year, and if you've got an interest in it.

If all else fails, either see which one you do better in when you get your AS results, or carry them both on - and then drop one in september. I know you're not supposed to do that, but it might be the best way for you to work out what you want to do. It also gives you a chance to see who your teachers will be for them, and if you want to spend a year being taught by them!
  • Options
    :o thats a good thing my strongest point in business is Acounting and Finance plus i know all about critical path analysis from my Maths course.

As for my other courses i am doing computing and Maths which im sticking to as i wanna go study Computing at Uni
  • Options
    Go for business then :) sounds like that's the area you tend towards and that's also what you enjoy. good luck!
  • Options
    Oops, thought this was going to be a question about drugs...!
    Jokes.
    All I have to say is THEY MADE HISTORY MUCH EASIER WITH AS/A2 (speaking as a disgruntled product of the old A level system).
    Bastards.