Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Saddam worth 2 billion.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru

...when I came on the site, I heard an awful lot about American sponsored/UN sanctions keeping money for medicine out of Iraq.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    This point was duly answered in the previous thread you raised it in. stop spamming the boards, for the last time.
    No, his personal wealth is worth 2 billion. I'm surprised at that. And I'm surprised no one has made an issue of it. Actually, no one on either side.
    Check the networth of some of the hawks in Washinton youre so fond of. at certain point its all just a matter of zeros.
    Oh, I know. But it does show how the UN sanctions might have been used for personal gain on his part too...right? Or was he wealthy from before? Also, do the Iraqi people know how wealthy he is? Do they not care because he's like a father or royal figure over there?
    I dont think its too hard for the average Iraqi to spot the considerable gap between their living standard and his. The palaces are rather hard not to spot.

Saddam was not born wealthy but he's amassed his wealth from his position over time. As you know we even helped him in that for quite some time while he served our own corporate interests. Might try taking what you claim to know and applying it to start following the money trail of this current administration. Lord knows the compliant US media isnt bothering to investigate.
    Good point. He could have amassed it over time...not just since the sanctions.