Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Protecting against the lone wolf terrorist.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Here's a tough one for free societies. Ahem, in an age when technology, i.e., explosive devices, and information about these technologies is advancing and becoming more widespread, how does a free society protect itself against the lone wolf terrorist who simply feels for a cause and decides to take him or herself out in a blaze of death?

Whew!:eek:

Comments

• Options
    Provide anti-terrorist protections at likely or vulnerable targets. Have resources to deal with casualties as effectively as possible. Train LEOs to note people acting in an odd manner and how to deal with them. That's it. Life is a risk.
  • Options
    Sometimes I think our money would be better spent that way Greenhat than in Iraq. Like I read they converted some of the sensors used to monitor air pollution to monitor chemical agents used in chemical and biological weapons. That makes more sense to me....sometimes....than the Iraq war.
  • Options
    Passive Anti-terrorist actions are a negative sum game. If they are the only actions you take, it basically means you are willing to bury citizens and do nothing about it.