Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

US Drug Enforcement Agency - evil bastards!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
As much of the world moves towards relaxing the cannabis laws, including several states in America - the biggest threat to our basic human rights comes from the US Federal Government and the evil DEA (Drug Enforcement Agency), which is clamping down!

Whilst much of the world's drug policy is enforced by Police and/or Customs, who have far bigger problems to be getting on with, the DEA would cease to exist without prohibition - these fuckwits are fighting for their jobs, at whatever cost!

Washington Times, Tuesday 25 Feb 2003, reports: "Federal authorities yesterday arrested 55 persons in what Attorney General John Ashcroft described as the coast-to-coast trafficking of illegal drug paraphernalia from both stores and the Internet."

So, now they are clamping down on people selling pipes & bongs!!!!!!!

Ed Rosenthal is awaiting his appeal, with a long prison sentence on offer, for growing cannabis - his conviction was assured when the Federal Judge ruled his defence couldn't be presented. His defence? He was licenced by the city of Oakland to grow medical cannabis, under California' 1996 'Compassionate Use Act'.

OK, Federal law overrides State law - but to remove a person's right to defend himself, and the jury the right to hear the facts of the matter, is evil!

The UK is about to licence the first legal medical cannabis product, whilst the new Federal Drug Chief has issued a statement to Federal law enforcement officers and prosecutors that there is NO medical use for cannabis, that people claiming medical use should be prosecuted to the full exist of the law!

What a bunch of fuckwits!

:mad: :mad:

Comments

• Options
    Law enforcement in the US really does scare me, not really the methods that they use because a lot of those are used the world over, but the fact that the majority of the public isnt constantly outraged at what its government is doing.

The DEA acts on behalf of a nation and the nation doesnt speak out enough at what is happening. It does remind me slightly of that little verse from Nazi germany;
    They came for the gypsies and I didnt speak out because I wasnt a gypsy,
    They came for the communists and I didnt speak out because I wasnt a communist,
    They came for the Jews and I didnt speak out because I wasnt a Jew,
    Then they came for me and there wasnt anyone left to speak out.

(Sorry if I havent qouted it exactly right)
  • Options
    did you know that mdma (extacy) users in america get longer prison seneces per dose then heroin users ??
  • Options
    To be honest, things like this are totally beyond me. How they can do this publicly and even try to justify the actions after is absolutely ludacris.

When will the world learn, eh?

And as for the MDMA users getting longer sentences, that sucks, pills are yummy :yum:

Hey Mike, I haven't been posting here much, I used to post when you first registered... So how's the whole cafe crusade going? *opens a browser to whspliff* ;)

I want one in Wales, I'll run it. hehe.

Laters

-Phil.
  • Options
    MDMA is one of the fastest growing drug the US has ever seen and what ever penalties they put on it they dont seem to make any difference.
  • Options
    Originally posted by addyh
    did you know that mdma (extacy) users in america get longer prison seneces per dose then heroin users ??

And innocent Brits are locked-up in South Africa at the request of the FBI :mad:
  • Options
    Originally posted by CheeseOnToast
    Hey Mike, I haven't been posting here much, I used to post when you first registered... So how's the whole cafe crusade going? *opens a browser to whspliff*

Not been posting much myself - loads of problems, inc. computer & IT connection - hence site hasn't been updated - I hope to update the news & cafe sections on the site this weekend.

Cafe plan was/is on hold 'til re-class; the main money-men don't want to move 'til than - but we have on 'on-record' comments of support from both council leaders & the police:D - so timing is going to be right soon.

Premises is the other problem - Taunton is a fairly small but rapid growing town, not many premises. We have one poss., but he wants his solicitor to carefully check the new law's wording - just so we can find a way of covering his back.