Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Imperial War Museum in Manchester, England,

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Anyone ever been there? Is it impressive? Cool? The guy who designed it is designing the WTC site in NYC so I was wondering.

Comments

• Options
    I've been to the one in London.
  • Options
    Oh, I was just wondering cause the same guy that did that museum is going to design the new WTC site. It looks neat what he's come up with...a spire 1,776 ft. high and other buildings that look like shards of broken glass.
  • Options
    i haven't been there. is it actually open yet? last time i saw it, they were still building it i think. it didn't look that impressive from the outside. not like the urbis building in manchester. that's wicked! :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    and other buildings that look like shards of broken glass.
    Surely he's taking the piss if the buildings look like that? lol :)

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I like it because it's around the memorial to those who died. In the footprints of those buildings of the WTC they found 20,000 body parts. So it's hallowed ground. So he has one spire rising 1776 feet tall, the WTC were 1350 ft. it'll be the world's tallest. At the top above 70th floor there will be world gardens. But all the buildings look like broken glass on the top.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story2&cid=519&ncid=716&e=7&u=/ap/20030227/ap_on_re_us/attacks_redevelopment