Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Al Qaeda uses a suicide bomber.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I go back and forth on my support for the war. In the end, I feel you have to trust the people you've put in power because to error on the side of nothing happening is taking the chance we in America took prior to 911.

However, this incident that happened in Kurdistan is an example of the real terror threat in our lifetime and to me the most pressing terrorist threat: suicide bombing. It's the first one I've read about outside of Israel and the first one used by a group of or linked to Al Qaeda. The war against Iraq will do nothing to prevent this biggest threat, suicide bombing. Iraq plays in some ways like an older person's view of creating a safe world by nation-building.

Anyways, if you want, read the article and let's debate. Or let's just debate the threat, worldwide, from suicide bombing.

http://www.time.com/time/world/article/0,8599,426910,00.html?cnn=yes

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    First suicide bombing by Al-Qaida?

:confused:
    The ones in Isael were done by Hamas and Hezbollah. Beyong injuring and killing people, they killed Israel's economy.
    Doesn't 9/11 count, they were suicide attacks?
    Or the one in Kenya... Someone drove a truck into a hotel and blew up.
    The causes of Israel's economic woes are convoluted than that pnj, just as are much of the world's. Don't undermine yourself with adherence to simplistic cause and effect claims such as above.
    That's true about the other example, but the person walking up with a belt on and blowing themselves up...that was confined to Israel.