Home Help Desk
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Speak up, we can't hear you

ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
edited January 2023 in Help Desk
Hiya All,
So we mods know how much you like to tell us what you think and more often that not we even do something about it (or have a damn good reason not to!). But now we want to give you the chance to officially put your point of view forward and really get the chance to affect what we're doing.

Just imagine it… a whole forum to discuss the future of TheSite and the development of any new projects we've got up our sleeves.

We're setting up an online user panel and as you use TheSite, you're the perfect people to take part. The user panel will have the chance to be involved in our decision-making process, influence our work and generally get your voices heard.

So do you want to change the future of TheSite? If you do just email jim@thesite.org and await instructions.

ClaireBear
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    YEAH!

Sort it out so I don't log in as anyone else!! It's danged annoying when I post about some bloke I fancied as some manly chap who posts on here!! Not gonna look good now is it!! :rolleyes:
    I always try to make suggestions but no-one replies to my emails :rolleyes:

I think we should have a thesite official IRC server/network (something I can assist with) which could be integrated with a webchat client.

TheSite.org regional/national parties/meets which we could officially run so everyone is meeting in a safe, moderated environment etc, could be an idea to reduce kids etc meeting each other in real life without supervision etc

TheSite.org Matchmaker service like that irratating Crush for you spam thing. You can put in names of people you like and if they match you get notified, would be cool and easy to code.

I got tons of ideas, dunno if they're any good though, probably why no-one replies ;)

Phil :naughty:
    I think your ideas are good Cheeseontoast.
    How about having some games and a few quizzes on the site alongside the polls:D
    They already do.
    Well, I emailed and I am still waiting for a reply!!
    Originally posted by BumbleBee
    Well, I emailed and I am still waiting for a reply!!

Indeedy.

As did the seed.
    How about peoples actual ages on their profiles so it doesn't takes ages for me to work them out:rolleyes:

Pleaseeeeee:)
    Or moderators replying to our e-mails. Dom I sent you quite a lengthy e-mail once and got nothing back.

Actually, I think just having at least a few mods online all the time throughout the day, from about 8 til 8 would be lovely. Won't go into my reasons now.
    I'll help out wherever I can... got no problem with writing about stuff I get up to... if people would find it interesting..

I've got my own weekly radio show to NZ and I run large dance events in Auckland :)

I also travel around NZ a lot, went to the Thermal park this weekend in Rotorua which was nuts, talk about crazy geothermal activity...

Your call...

justin@n2o.co.nz
  • DomDom Deactivated Posts: 344 The Mix Regular
    Firstly, apologies to those who have sent emails and haven't received responses. It's not that we don't love you, it's mor likely that we got distracted by Home and Away or something. We'll try and respond more quckly in future.

And... hopefully the project Claire has mentioned with this post will enable better levels of 'customer support' for you lot. But that relies on some of you joining up.

We really, really need some of you to get involved in this. Otherwise we'll just keep creating new stuff which we think you'll like without asking you. Which isn't very sensible, I'm sure you'll agree.

So get your emails off to claire@thesite.org now and we won't mention this again.

Dom
    Ok Dom, because you and the team are maintaining a multi-thousand user website, I'll let you off the fact you didn't reply, OK? :)

Anyway

I'm fully up for writing up any ideas with proposal's and a report etc (I do it at work) if you want anything written up properly to evaluate.

And I've got a few contacts in the webserver/hosting business so I'm more than able to help with anything technical based.

Anyways, you've heard a few of my ideas, so if you want anymore let me know :D

Good luck claire :)
    I tried to email clairey to join this but the email bounced it said that:

"
    This message was created automatically by the SMTP relay on cyclops.thesite.org.

A message that you sent could not be delivered to all of its recipients.
    The following address(es) failed:

claire@thesite.org
    retry time not reached for any host after a long failure period
    "
    I got a message like that, I sent an E-mail to Claire concerning this topic but I ma not sure if she got it...........:confused:
  • ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    bouncing emails

Hiya All,
    Sorry to those who've emailed and not yet recieved a reply you'll be hearing from me very soon - promise. And also sorry to those who've had bouncing emails - there have been some tech problems and if you'd like to email me again, I promise I'll get back to you asap!

Thanks,
    CB
    would like to be able to customize site colours for me, dont like orange or neon green so am using cool blue but am not too keen on pink to be fair.
    TheSite.org WAP?

It wouldn't be too hard/expensive to setup wap.thesite.org you'd only need the subdomain setup and then someone to write the .wml (Wap Markup Language). It would be cool just to have a few articles up or something for when we're all bored and only got our phones!!

Or maybe even WAP message service or what not.

These ideas better be actioned! And if not I wanna know why :D

If you need help, I'll be a one man development team, free of charge of course ;)

Tra la la. Any of the mods think any of these could be implemented?

Cheers, Phil :)
    Make the forums more visible from the TheSite.org homepage. When I first arrived, I had to be given the full URL, I couldn't find the link on the homepage, and I know others have had the same problem.
    Originally posted by Me_and
    Make the forums more visible from the TheSite.org homepage. When I first arrived, I had to be given the full URL, I couldn't find the link on the homepage, and I know others have had the same problem.

:yes:

jesus dead threads :p
    Whatever happened to this? I was told there was going to be a panel today but I never heard anything about it...
    i heard there was going to be a panel around this time, cant remember when it possibly is, could be me been a silly fool though