Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Irreversible

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Call me perverted for posting a message about "Irréversible" on the "Entertainment" forum . . .

. . . but has anyone yet seen this over-whelmingly extraordinary French movie ? What are your opinions ?

I urge all males (over 18) to go and watch this new film. I believe it's an essential experience, for ethical and psychological reasons.

But for those who don't know about its plot or haven't heard of it yet, ensure you read up about it first. For fear of sounding sensationalist, it may well be the most significantly sickening film you will ever see.

DX
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    is it in french? :)
  • Options
    Originally posted by KoolCat
    is it in french? :)

Yes, with English subtitles.

Learn more @ IMDb.

DX
  • Options
    Haven't seen it yet, but I was told it's a very exciting film.
  • Options
    My boyfriend has been wanting to go see it. I was gonna go with him but someone told me its got a 20minute rape scene in it which put me off. Is that true? Definately don't want to see it if it is :no:
  • Options
    Originally posted by pinkstar
    My boyfriend has been wanting to go see it. I was gonna go with him but someone told me its got a 20minute rape scene in it which put me off. Is that true? Definately don't want to see it if it is :no:

No, that's not true. The rape scene lasts 9 minutes, and although it's very difficult to watch due to its realism, it's shown for a reason - this is not gratuitous violence for shock value. This is a powerful message about the human (animalistic) condition.

And for film lovers, it's also very well made ; artistic, atmospheric and slightly philosophical.

DX