Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

essay writing

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ok I have 2 days to write a really important art essay, which is totally freaking me out coz I just cant get it started, I really really need some advice on essay writing, like I think once ive got the introduction started i'll be ok its just the getting started!
so I was wondering if anyone has any tips, or knows any websites etc?
Ta
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    to be honest, i find that writing the introduction at the end is much easier. that way, it will actually reflect what you have written about - it's much easier to summarise your essay once it's actually written, if you see what i mean.

what i usually do to start off is a spider diagram with all my ideas about the title, then try to put them into some sort of logical order to come up with a plan.

then just think of each section as a sort of mini-essay, and tackle one per night (or per study session if you haven't got much time). that way it doesn't seem as daunting.

good luck with it. i know what a nightmare they are!!
    Best advice concerning intros i have been given id by my old A-level History teacher

She said the intro should be written so that if the person reading it did not know the title of the essay they would know exactly what it was about from the intro...........

:)
    You wimp Koolcat!
    Jokes.
    I tend to write me essays all in one guy. Work best when I get into the zone, type thing. Also, I always leave it to the evening before.

As for introductions, it should be like a road-map for your essay. Say exactly what you're points are going to be, then expand on everything in the main body. This way it should be written first and will keep you focussed when writing on ANSWERING THE QUESTION, which is the most important thing.