Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

AL-Hamza to be deported?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Could this be true?

Or is it just an attempt to pacify some of our more reactionary media?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    So just because someone exercises freedom of expression, they deserve to be deported?
    Originally posted by monocrat
    So just because someone exercises freedom of expression, they deserve to be deported?

No, possibly because he entered the country illegally.

Oh, and because he calls for attacks on this country and incites racial hatred. Both of which are criminal offences. Not being a British Citizen by right, he can have it withdrawn and be deported.
    Aaaaa leave him he's quite interesting to listen to....
    Why is it reactionary to try to protect your country from people who are openly saying they want to destroy it?

Speaking the way these Muslim extremists speak has nothing to do with freedom of speech and everything to do with terrorism.
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent

Not being a British Citizen by right, he can have it withdrawn and be deported.

Would someone explain to me what the deal is with British Citizenship?

A friend of mine (English) recently had a child. The mother is Thai. As he has explained it to me, he has some paperwork to do in order to hopefully get the child awarded British citizenship.

On the other hand, my daughter is an American citizen by right, having an American for a father. It cannot be denied her.
    I don't know about this issue, but I presume if the parents are of different nationalities the child would as a 'first choice' have the nationality of the country where she's been born (specially if one of the parents is from there as well)?
    Having him in the UK diminishes the UK as a country. That mosque was part of Europe's staging ground for the 911 murders..as were places in the US. He's an example of good politically correct values taht make a culture stronger being perverted to the point where they weaken it.
    If hes done something illegal then arrest him.......

Why would we deport him, prejudice against immigrants?

NO! :eek:

What countries want him for terrorism I wonder?
    Excitingly he has been questioned over his alleged involvement in terrorism but was released without charge.

Its Yemen that want him...........

He didn't enter the country illegally, he married a British woman.....

he also got his injuries fighting the Soviets

Will the irony ever end?:rolleyes:
    Here's another hate-filled muslim extremist preacher who should be exiled: http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2003090813,00.html

People who are welcomed into this country should be more grateful. Anyone who claims asylum in Britain and then speaks hate against Britain should be deported without delay
    Captain slog...I salute you! *salutes. falls off pub chair*
    well, actually his reason for staying is now dodgy, as the woman he married was already married - it allhinges on whether he knew she was already married.

they intend to deport him under section 4 of some new powers which aloow for deportation of certain individuals who threaten the security of the UK, apparently.
    Yes I have been reading about section 4 and frankly it is disgusting.....

It allows the hime secretary to deport individuals who are a 'threat to national security' simply on the home secretaries say so, without any trial or legal procedure I do believe........

How do these laws get passed in our amazing 'liberal' nation, by a 'left-wing' govt? :eek2:
    Remember that under new terrorism laws passed recently in this country several individuals were locked up indefinetively shortly after 9/11, without trial and without even being charged with anything.

I don't know if they've been freed now but 8 months after their arrests they were still in jail and none the wiser about why they were there.

Orwell got it wrong by 17 years...
    They can get away with it though because we live in a democracy where the majority counts and practically nobody really gives a shit about what happens to tiny minorites of refugees and asylum seekers.....

We need a strong constitution........

Shouldn't this kind of thing be illegal under EU law?
    I don't know if it would be... the European Bill of Human Rights we finally adopted has given a bit more protection to the more vulnerable. There have been a few cases where selfish individuals helped by lowlife lawyers have sought to exploit the bill... all extensively covered by the right wing press. But in general it was the right move to make.
    Toadborg, these people gives speeches that they are going to murder people and then they do. The shoe bomber came from that mosque as did another creep involved in 911.

They're playing on our respect for freedom of speech. TExtremist Muslims don't value it.
    Well I could say that I hate someone but it doesn't mean I am going to kill anyone.......

The point is that if he is guilty of a crime then why not charge him and put him on trial instead of deporting him simply on the will of Blunkett?