Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

What would you do if YOU were the cheater?

2»

Comments

• Options
    Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by Miffy
    Sorry, I don`t agree at all. Sir Cum... you were pissed, it was a snog, you know you`ve been stupid..... don`t tell her. Just learn your lesson and get on with it.

You`ve got the right idea, as long as the situation is not repeated.
    phew i thought i was the only one! :eek2:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum

5) Why should the innocent party get put through the pain. The cheater should suffer a lifetime of guilt for their mistake.

That's the most interesting thing I think. If you tell your other half, is it for their sake or yours? Usually it's for yours, which is something a lot of people don't realise.
    HOWEVER it can damage a relationship by eating away at it, if you don't tell them - it's a secret you're hiding and feeling bad about, and by doing this you could make it into a far bigger thing than it originally was, if it really was just a drunken mistake.
  • Options
    Originally posted by VinylVicky

phew i thought i was the only one! :eek2:

Part of the reason I posted. ;)
  • Options
    If it was a drunken snog, I wouldn't tell. It would just cause too much grief. But as I don't get drunk (very very occasionally tipsy, but that's it), then it's not going to happen. I'd just live with the guilt. Telling them would only strain the relationship.

Mr_Wobble ;)
  • Options
    I feel sick.

I don't want to hurt her. I don't want to lose her.

If I keep it stored up i'll always feel sick at what i've done. I'll always feel like a complete and utter c*nt.

If I tell her i'll hurt her deeply and I WILL lose her.

I hate me.
  • Options
    aw *hugs*

Don't hate you.
    Why are you so sure you'll lose her if you tell her?
    Are you sure you can't get over the guilt? I'm sure you won't always feel this bad. Trust me, I've been there. Kind of.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    aw *hugs*

Don't hate you.
    Why are you so sure you'll lose her if you tell her?
    Are you sure you can't get over the guilt? I'm sure you won't always feel this bad. Trust me, I've been there. Kind of.

I know that is how she will react. I do not want her to hate me.

If I tell her and she does take it ok she will never trust me again if we somehow stay together.

I think I can eventually get over the guilt, though the other thing that bugs me is that if I spend the rest of my life with her (and I want to) then I have scarred us. She might never know but can I ever forget.

I know that if I don't tell her I can make her very happy forever. That is why it is my preference.
  • Options
    How old are you Sir Cum? If you do spend the rest of your life with this girl, I have no doubt that a drunken snog early on will be easily forgotton - don't worry about it.
  • Options
    24. Quite old to be worrying about something like this but I never thought I would do something like this.
  • Options
    Why did I think you were a whole lot younger?
  • Options
    Sorry, no offence meant :D
  • Options
    Because I am acting like a snivelling child?

Seriously though I have seen the light. Some bastards and bitches do things a whole lot worse than this and never tell their partners. My mistake is just a teardrop in the ocean of love. Its best it gets washed away and I concentrate on being the best partner I can be from now on.
  • Options
    :lol:

Yeah, that's what I'd do. But if it happens again, methinks some serious soul searching is in order.
    Good luck
  • Options
    On the other hand, everytime any mention of how great we are, and how its good that we can be honest, and how its great that neither of us want to cheat - I'm gonna be cringing.
  • Options
    Well, you're just going to have to live with that - you screwed up - deal with it.
    It will get easier & you will put it behind you. I don't think there's much point in hurting her by telling her.
    Then again, if it were me, I'd want to know. And I'd dump him for it. But I never followed those rules so I'm clearly just a hypocritical cow who's not really being much help.
    I'll stop now.
  • Options
    Personally speaking Kinky, do you think you would be capable of making a mistake like this early in a relationship, forgetting it ever happened, and then go on to have a happy marriage/life with that partner?
  • Options
    How early?
    I think, probably yes. But I'd take great pains to never be in a situation where it could happen again.
  • Options
    Talking 6 to 8 months.

I am going to learn from this, and strive to make her very happy from this day forward.
  • Options
    7 months isn't all that early.
    But then if you do stay together forever, maybe it is.
    Are you absolutely certain that snogging someone else isn't a sign that there's something wrong in the relationship?
  • Options
    I've never been happier!

We went away Valentines weekend to Rome and it was magical. We spent 2 great days together at the weekend just gone.

All I could think about was her.

The one thing that sticks in my mind while being bladdered and making the mistake in the club on sunday is that I almost whispered to the girl "I love you". Maybe I was missing her or confused!

Thanks Kinky I feel better now.
  • Options
    Originally posted by Sir Cum
    The one thing that sticks in my mind while being bladdered and making the mistake in the club on sunday is that I almost whispered to the girl "I love you". Maybe I was missing her or confused!

Sounds like it. Did this random woman look anything like your girl?

Glad I could be of help Sir :D