Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

pollen

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
what is it? cuz the guy i usually get skunk or hash from phond me n sed he got some in and he's saving some for me but iv never heard of it bfore? whats it like n how much shud it cost?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    pollen is basically good hash. its not soapbar, sure its not the best there are stronger out there but basically its decent stuff. prices anything from 10 to 20 quid on the 8th. 20s a bit steep but its worth it occasionally.
    oh cool
    dus it 'taste' like soapbar then? (i try to avoid it cuz it tastes like shit)
    Originally posted by stompontheplebs
    oh cool
    dus it 'taste' like soapbar then? (i try to avoid it cuz it tastes like shit)

it tastes like hash. hash tastes totally different to skunk in my experience... its harsher to smoke but it is stronger than skunk (unless its soapbar obviously).... soapbar tastes slightly like hash but its much nastier to smoke cause of all the polutants and adulterants.... hash isnt as nice to smoke as skunk generally i dont think but like i said it is stronger and its alright... some people like the taste of hash... so i guess just try it! in the end, it gets you stoned so its all good really....
    dude, it isnt pollen its polM (pronounced pollem)

polm is the resin that comes straight off of the plant (also known as tricomes), it is the 'raw' ingridient of hasish.
    hash is basically compressed polm and buds, when they're compressed together under high pressure it produces an oil which turns the hash a brownish colour

youll find its nice, a completely different smoke to solid. firstly you dont need to heat it to crumble it, it has a consistency very close to sand, and will literally fall apart into sand in your hands - handle it very carefully

it isnt as strong as a high-end skunk like kali mist or somethng along those lines, but alot more 'indica-y', by that I mean it is more mongy, relaxing etc than the more 'high' buzz you get from a sativa-based skunk.

basically, its good shit, id get it if i were you, its quite rare over here...

hope this helps
    octapus of doom

do you REALLY think that hash is stronger than skunk!!?

you must get some shite weed!
    get yourself to amsterdam and try some properly grown skunk

im lucky i work out here in the 'dam!!
    ...sorry, shouldve mentioned in the other post.

polm doesnt taste remotely like hash.
    youll notice its more like smoking skunk.

unless you lot in sunny england are getting stiched by some ropey dealer - it sounds like this octapus dude is!
    good hash is better than skunk. fact. thats why they make the stuff in the first place. and theres a difference between polm and pollen, they are both types of hash, with a differnce (dont ask what is is cause to be honest, i dont know).
    oh and ive been to amsterdam, have sampled the array of hash and skunk available, and it only supported the fact that proper decent hash is better than proper decent skunk.

that said, i still prefer skunk to smoke than hash, decent hash is fookin strong, like ice hash, bubble hash, etc, but i just prefer skunk to smoke. but its always nice to have a change every once in a while
    no its not you nob
    they make hash in pakistan, afghanistan etc cos A) its a variation, and B) its 10 times easier to smuggle out of the country.

hash is not stronger than good skunk, you are clueless.
    the difference is that if you smoke hash you tend to get a very mongy stone, and when you smoke good weed you get a more high stone,
    you obviously dont know the difference
    If your just going to be arsey then I suggest that you sod off.

Hash and weed are just different, some are better than others, people have a preference. You comment that hash is stonny suggests to me that you havent had really good nepalese hash which is really really light.
    jayjay620 i think YOUR a nob :D....um, sorry, ye i agree with u anyway i just had an urge to be childish
    You cant just say hash is stronger than skunk, it varies from place to place.

Alot of people do consider hash to be stronger (and some cases it is) but then they are two different buzzes and all depends on where you get it from and the quality, something that will never be able to argue well on here.

Jay you are right in a way, if you smoke proper hash from dam it does knock your head off, its all different everywhere you go !

:crazyeyes
    Traditionally hashish was made by hand-rubbing the plant (i.e. place the khola between the palms of the hands and roll it back and forth). This extracts the sticky trichomes onto the hands and being broken, they turn a brownish colour after exposure to the air. This is how good hash such as charas is made. More commercial production calls for sifting the bud through different size filters or water extraction. Normally decent hash WILL be stronger than smoking the bud because the techniques described above extract the trichomes from the bud into a sticky powder which is more concentrated with trichomes than the bud itself (which has lots of unneccessary plant material). The powder is then pressed into solids. However, very often commercial producers will add many adulterants to the concentrated powder (e.g plastic, diesel, milk powder etc.) in order to be more productive and to increase their bulk. This happens to coke, speed etc. where a gram of really good shit can be cut with a gram of baking soda to give two grams of average coke/speed.
    Therefore good hash IS going to be stronger than the bud it comes from originally, until it is turned into shitty soapbar.
    yeah. what he said.

so ner.
    twat
    oh come on that was a joke, lighten up!

what, i have to put a smiley on something or else im automatically deadly serious?????

*muttermumblegrumblegrrrrrrrrr*and so on......
    My thoughts...

Wait a minute....

I was thinking about this the other day after a friend said smoking skunk was basically about smoking the crystals that were on it - like what White rabbit said before.

However I thought that the cannibinoids were by-products of the plants flowering cycle, so the chemicals are actually contained within the plant material itself.

I would have to say that for the most part, English skunk is more potent than English hash.

greenfields.
    who cares its good ashit :p