Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Growing Weed basics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Im hoping someone with pot growing experience could answer a few questions here.Me and a friend are going to be growing our own weed but we dont really know where to start.Basically we want to know if its worth growing it? how much grass will one plant produce? can you plant the fully grown plant's seeds and repeat the cycle? and the equipment too..where would we get a 800W light and would it be expensive to run for a whole 8 weeks,what about the soil,ventilation and Co2? is it a hard thing to grow?

Comments

• Options
    tis a doddle to grow. wild is mild but still brings a smile... hey i just made that up! true though. outdoor crop can be very nice but indoors where you control the conditions is better.
    type cannabis into ask jeeves or other and away you go. you will find all your answers and more. take your time. don't try and grow to much till you know what your doing. your very first try will impress you. a good plant can return £400 to over a thousand pounds. best of luck.
  • Options
    go to www.overgrow.com

its all about good quality seeds.
    If you're gonna just use seeds out of a moody bag of bush then it just isnt worth doing. Spend 30-50 notes on decent quality seeds from a reputable seedbank.
    Then its just a learning curve. You wont get it right first time, but keep trying.
    You have to have excellent lighting, dont even bother with fluro's, they are a waste of time, and your plant wont yield more that a few grams.
    spend £100 on a good HPS light (high pressure sodium)

then you just gotta read up. you really need to know what to look for, and remove all males asap or youll get useless bud full of seeds,

but anyway, go to www.overgrow.com, its the best site on the web
  • Options
    A little word of warning though, I wouldnt let your power usage spike too much, I mean if you plan to run a whole house of hydro it might look a bit odd.
  • Options
    Try http://www.potseeds.co.uk for the seeds and http://www.1-hydroponics.co.uk/horticultural-lights.htm for just about everything else!
    Was gonna have a go at this, but at the minute have no money.
    Like what Bongbudda said, if there's a massive increase in electricity, etc etc it will look suspicious...I heard about police helicopters scanning areas looking for light hotspots that could be cannabis growing areas...true or a scare story?
    Have fun anyway, the best of look with your babies! :p
  • Options
    When you get the lighting, go to an electrical wholesaler, ask for a 250w son low bay fitting with a growlux lamp.

They are available and give better results than the standard lamp.

They'll also supply the jack chain and fittings to suspend it.
  • Options
    Hi,
    Good to hear of your ambitions, I may have a crack at growing this year too. I found www.sweetleaf.co.uk very useful - particularly on outdoor advice.

www.seedsdirect.to is a reputable supplier, who operate in UK so no hassle of importing from abroad. However, if you know anyone who has grown before try to aquire some cuttings to safeguard the sex and strain of your bud.

Good luck!

greenfields.
  • Options
    Also, dont bother trying hydroponics.
    You're likely to get a better yiled, but you have to know what youre doing to get it right, and lets face it if you're starting out, you dont know what you're doing!
    Its more expensive, and requires a lot more attention.
    Go for a soil grow, and keep it simple, dont bother getting expensive seeds, and go for an easy to grow strain.
    Indica's are a better bet as they grow short and squat, and sativa's tend to grow lanky, so need more space and take longer flowering periods.

The best thing you can do is read up on it.
    But closet cultivator by ed rosenthal, and read the FAQ's on www.overgrow.com