Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

University

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Well ive just been rejected from the only place i wanted to go to to carry on my studies-very guttered:( ! Neway i was talking to a freind who was on about open inversity courses where you study at home...does anyone know anything about them? ive seen an advert on TV about them but it hasnt been on TV since ive been interested in it and i cant seeem to find anything on the internet. Does anyone have any info on them at all? Thanks for any replies!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    my dad is a part-time lecturer for the OU. From what I've gathered, you choose your subject and attend various tutorials which are held maybe weekly or monthly, in the evenings. You do all your study at home, but you can contact your tutors whenever you want by email, phone or post. you have to do various tutor-marked assessments (at least you do for my dad's course), and I'm not sure if you have to sit any exams.

i think it's a good option though, if you want to work and study at the same time.
    Do you know where i could find any information on this?
    thanks a lot for replying!! :D
    How about writing to the television company where you noticed the open university thing and asking them? good luck in your pursuit. Hope all goes well for you.
    You do realise you have to pay to study with the OU, so I hope you have some savings or a job?

You won't qualify for a student loan either, which is a damn shame otherwise I wouldv'e given up uni ages ago!
    It's a pain that when you hit a certain age that you have to start paying to be educated. Who ever thought of that idea? grrrrrrrr!!