Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

'Not Turkey's war' LOL

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
There you have it. Turkey has no incentive to assist the US in a war against Iraq without a substantial loan package... D'oh!

Comments

• Options
    Re: 'Not Turkey's war' LOL
    Originally posted by Uncle Joe
    There you have it. Turkey has no incentive to assist the US in a war against Iraq without a substantial loan package... D'oh!

Actually they do, but I'm not sure that they've figured it out yet.

If they don't help the US, then once an invasion happens, just watch the US set up an indepentant Kurdish state in Northern Iraq. I'm sure that Turkey would just "love" that...

Problem for Turkey is that many people around Europe support the move for a Kurdish state...
  • Options
    Turkey's just pushing for whatever they can get. They know it is in their interest to take part, this is just negotiating.
  • Options
    The news this morning said they're just discussing the terms of a massive economic aid before giving the green light... No surprise there.

This article also suggests that there is something else Turkey seeks: Iraqi land.
  • Options
    The new age of imperialism dawns!
  • Options
    In the US they also blamed France putting pressure on Turkey regarding the EU as to why Turkey might not allow troops.
  • Options
    Bush will blame anyone of anything unless he gets his way at all times. Its time he learned the we arent the end all and be all of the planet.
  • Options
    Clandestine I don't know if it's Bush or the incredible influence of the Fox Network...owned by that Rupert guy. The ratings for Fox went way up when they broke from reporting the news to making pro-American comments after so many news items.

The Democrats have just started to comment on the domination of the news media by conservatives. My impression is that it wasn't like that before. Honestly, I don't remember beyond a few years back.
  • Options
    The myth of the liberal media in the US has been around for most of my life, so if there ever was a time when the spin didnt serve the corporate cause (which by definition IS conservative) it was well before my time.
  • Options
    CNN said an agreement with Turkey is imminent.

Or was it Eminem?:eek:
  • Options
    They just are more shrewd than the others when it comes to the level of bribe needed to sway them over.
  • Options
    "There is a very broad agreement on all subjects," Yakis said in an interview with CNN. "The remaining issues are not that many, but I think we will be able to overcome the differences and mutually agree."

Prime Minister Abdullah Gul said he expected a result in the coming days.
    :p
  • Options
    i.e. The check is in the mail. :lol:
  • Options
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    i.e. The check is in the mail. :lol:

The only question is: "How big is the check?"
  • Options
    Yes that is the 30 Billion dollar question aint it? ;)
  • Options
    Don't forget Israel who has been relentlessly pushing for the war is extorting well over 10 Billion dollars from Dubya not to attack Iraq! The "Coalition of the Bribed" simply gets funnier by the day, almost as ridiculous as America's new Warsaw Pact which it calls "New Europe."