Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Doctors (well GP's anyway)

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't like to rant but does anyone else find that these days, GP's just don't listen properly to what patients are saying?
I understand that they are rushed off their feet with so may patients to see and only about 10 allocated minutes for each but some just don't seem to care anymore.
Now I'm at uni. I go to a different practice and have seen all 4 doctors there on separate occasions about the same problem. I have had tests done and they all keep saying that it looks like a typical case of 'x' but then refuse to actually say i have 'X'. They have given me medication that has not been working (I've been taking it for about 4 months now) yet insist that I keep taking it as it takes time to start working. From my degree course and common sense, I know this is not the case so WHY won't they listen.

Anyone had any similar problems.

I want to change, so if anyone knows of any good GP's in Manchester PM me please. Rant over

Rant over

Comments

• Options
    Sorry about your experiences! Your GPs do sound a bit crap. My GP is great, and you can usually get an appointment the same day too.
  • Options
    I think the average time a GP gets to see their patient is about 7 minutes at the moment. My GP is pretty good, I remember having an interview with her before my uni interviews (stupidly enough, I want to transfer over to the dark side and do medicine) and she said that if she had more time to see the patients then she could really get a chance to listen to them and not just rush through everything, because you never know what you could miss or wrongfully diagnose. I've also had bad experiences with GPs, I would def keep searching for a doctor in your area (if that's possible, I'm not sure about the numbers up there and everything) until you can find one which you can get on with.:)
  • Options
    There are some great ones out there, you just have to find them. I have recenly changed to a new doctor & he really listens to me, which i have never felt before.