Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Finding a job abroad

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hey everyone,
Im a student at the moment in my second year so obviously finding a job is still a fair way off but I figured theres no harm in looking now and trying to build up some contacts. I know for a fact I want to work abroad, preferably outside of Europe like the States, Australia etc. However I dont really know how to go about any of this- I mean you cant just turn up in another country when the time comes and expect to find a job presumable :)
Im taking a degree in Business for what thats worth and if everything stays on track I will hopefully be on for a 2:1. Realistically I know I will end up working over here for a while before I can find anything abroad but any advice from anybody working elsewhere or anybody at all would be appreciated.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    if u wanna travel in australia, try going to
    www.jobsearch.gov.au
    www.seek.com.au
    www.monster.com

when u apply for any jobs tho, make sure u have a working visa and make sure when u apply for the job u tell them u aren't an aussie
  • ClaireBearClaireBear Deactivated Posts: 467 Listening Ear
    Hiya Narcotic,
    You might want to take a look at this. There's some good info and useful links that might help you.

ClaireBear
  • Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I myself would love to work abroad preferably in Canada. I've been there twice and am going again sometime this year. I can't wait. Unfortunately, I don't think I could just start working there whilst I'm on holiday. But I'm going to Canada YAY!!:D