Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Help

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Ok, for those people among you who are vaguely geekish when it comes to maths - I'm kinda in need of some help.

With exact values for sine, cosine and tan i have issues. I can understand the ones that are within the four quadrants, but I get stuck when it comes to 90, 180, 270 and 360 degrees. How dyou know whether they are positive or negative? And how do you know if they are 1 or 0?

I know that for 90 degrees, sin = 1 and cos = 0, and tan is undefined. But how do you work out the other ones?

*is confused*
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Sheep are wooly.
    The hypodyslexic transmogrifier has obviously defunked and run away..... in the wise words of Manuel the waiter.... Que?
    drawing the graphs out might help, sorry but I can't really remember the exact ones
    Originally posted by rushin
    drawing the graphs out might help, sorry but I can't really remember the exact ones

Ooo, that's rather a good idea...
    Yups, got them now :)

Gotta love my graphics calculator that draws ace graphs :D:D
    glad you got your head around it:)
    lucky you having a calculator to do the graphs for you when I was at school I had to draw them all out by hand!
    Yay for calculators that do graphs and funky lamps.
    Wahoo! :crazyeyes