Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Nosebleeds

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
do I pull the clot out or leave it? :confused: its annoying me.

Comments

• Options
    :yuck:

I keep getting them, and when I'm not having a nose bleed I feel like I'm about to.
  • Options
    i hate the smell of blood in my nose :yuck: it's like metal
  • Options
    mine was running down my throat. Charming. I still feel sick. And like Im gonna sneeze. And I keep coughing. It was the coughing which started it in the first place.
  • Options
    hmmm. you could go ot the doctors. my mate did and they shoved this silver stuff up his nose. but he had nose bleeds like all the time we laughed so hard at him. thats mean :(

"watch out tom has gone too high the pressure has caused a nost bleed" or something.
  • Options
    I get nosebleeds often.
    The clot helps stop it, so leave it!
    Well after the Nose bleed u can take it out, but it could start up again if it sealed a cut or sumthin where the blood was comin from
  • Options
    Hi.

I used to get nosebleeds all the time, 3 or 4 a day. The worst was when i got a really bad one in HMV. Anyway i had to go to the hospital and have a small operation. Basically they just burn up your vessels in your nose, it doesnt really hurt though. Never had another one since :)

Worth considering if you get a lot.
  • Options
    i think you're supposed to leave it there (if i remember correctly from my brownie days and my many past nosebleeds) but that's easier said than done :)
  • Options
    Eeeeks ...docs....hospitals...eeeeeks :nervous:
  • Options
    I Had a MASSIVE one nce, on a plane, they evacuated the row of seats, sat me in the middle, with cabin crew around me, they used up 2 binbags full of tissue paper, I was coughin it up and iot was flowin out my nose like a mini river. The captain did an emergancy transmission for a doctor to be there when we landed, I was evacuated off the plane first!!!
    It was scary, but fun bein ran around the airport in a wheel chair!!