Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

any good jobsearch websites?

BillieTheBotBillieTheBot Posts: 8,721 Bot
my husband is looking to change jobs soon, hes a computer engineer and absolutely hates the place where he works. Does anyone know of any good jobfinder sites? thanks in advance
Abbie
Beep boop. I'm a bot.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Excellent, thanks Faith :)
    My daily search since sodding 19th June 2002 - clickable links:

1) Jobserve
    2) Jobcentre
    3) Worktrain
    4) Propects
    5) Academic Jobs
    6) Fish4

Papers: The Times, Shropshire Star, Daily Telegraph, Express & Star
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    Excellent, thanks Faith :)

No probs :) I realised today that our local paper has a massive list of all the local job agencies in it, so it may be worth doing that. That way at least it'll be jobs in your area as opposed to everywhere in the UK!

I'm becoming a job hunting expert :rolleyes:
    Handy
    What sort of computer work is he into?
    hes a computer bench engineer, and works doing warranty repairing compaqs, gateway, advent and hewlett packards. Its completely shit money though and hes fed up to the back teeth with it.
    Thanks for all the links guys, I will pass them on to him.
    :)
    Not that this will help your husband's job search...

Hi there,

I know this website won't help your husband RB as its a website for Sciencey jobs but I thought I add it to this thread incase someone else is interested... The website has a database sorted into counties of the UK, of lot and lots of Scientific employers that have occassionally employed students. I sent my CV 'on spec' to about 12 of the ones in Berkshire and evded up with two offers which isn't bad!

Science jobs website

Good luck to everyone who is currently job hunting :)
    Does anyone know of any links, where I can look for a job, within the USA? I am kind of inbetween jobs and I am kind of having a hard time finding one so if anyone can help me with links or anything to help me to search for one. Thanks to all that might help.
    Voluntry or paid? A mate of mine mentioned something called Camp USA and Camp Europe where volunteers gets together in the summer for six weeks. The main role I believe is childcare, and you can get to teach lessons like computing.
    I kind of would like to have a paying job because I kind of need the money at this point in time. Any help would be greatly appreciated.