Home Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

Derby Boy

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hello,

I've applied to Derby Uni this year to start the second year of a BSc in Computer Studies. I screwed up my A-levels and had to work my b*lls off to get this far.

Is there anyone from Derby who can show me round? Im coming over there in March and need to sample the nights out :D

Comments

• Options
    never been i'm afraid but hello and welcome to the site :)
  • Options
    Hiya

:wave:
  • Options
    welcome.
  • Options
    ITS YR LUCKY DAY

Hy im from Derby and i go to uni this yr! ill be more than happy to show you around!:D
  • Options
    I'm from Derby but currently at uni in Salford near Manchester. A look round Derby would take more than an hour as it isn't the biggest of places.

Sadler Gate and Friar Gate are good on a night out, plenty of bars and a couple of clubs. The Bluenote club is on Friar Gate if you like alternative music. Just up from The Spot is ZanZibar, which is a two floored club. Cheese on the ground floor and commercial dance upstairs. Tucked away (and probably quite rightly so) behind Debenhams is Destiny and Elite, or Desperate and Empty depending on your view ;). The Blessington Carriage (The Bless) is a good pub to visit. There is also Progress on Saturday nights if your into your dance. Hope that helps.
  • Options
    Hey dont forget Blend at the Gatehouse on a Sat night, they play sexy funky music downstairs, upstairsprogressive and in another room they have jazz bands, bit of hip hop etc and its open til 4.
    every month at the same club on a friday we have Slinky and the friday between that is Technique playing drumb and bass with people like goldie etc