Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Wembley webcam

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Watch her rise from the ground like the phenoix from the flames, we need wembley back, a trip to Cardiff just isn't the same, chop chop constuction folk.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    A heartbreaking sight at the moment as the Twin Towers are being demolished. By a German-built excavator, no less.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    A heartbreaking sight at the moment as the Twin Towers are being demolished. By a German-built excavator, no less.

:eek:

Never thought I'd read a comment like that from you Aladdin.

It's a sad sight though...
    I wasn't taking the piss. It is sad to see the Twin Towers disappear.

The German excavator bit was duly reported in all the press, and I thought I would repeat it here to give the moment a touch of irony. Although some tabloids seemed genuinely upset that the machine used to demolish the towers was made in Germany. :confused:

I must say though that other than the very important spiritual value of the place (and the Twin Towers, which were nice to look at) I was never a great fan of the stadium. Ugly itself in ugly surroundings and not the best views from inside. I particularly disliked the running tracks around the pitch; it kept the public too far.
    Shit staduim. Wonderful memories.

I think some of the press got the irony of the excavator too.

Even the ones from The Sun...
    Originally posted by Man Of Kent
    Shit staduim. Wonderful memories.

Couldn't of put it better myself, although I suspect I may of spelt it better :D