Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Work-outs

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
I'm not overweight or anything like (8 1/2 stone) but I need to build up my muscles. Any ideas?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: Work-outs
    Originally posted by fatherbarre2001
    I'm not overweight or anything like (8 1/2 stone) but I need to build up my muscles. Any ideas?

Eat lots and train hard ?
    Eat more protein, like 80-100 grams per day

Go to the gym 3-5 times a week, lift weights in sets 8-12 reps, 3 to 4 sets each.

When I say lift in sets of 8-12 reps, the weight should be heavy enough that you can barely get the last one up.
    Hey son

If you are going to grow any muscle at all you need to look at your diet and food intake firstly. food is fuel and without any you aint goin nowhere. You need to consume at least 1.5/2 grams of protein per pound bodyweight so the minimum amount of protien you should eat needs to equate to about 180 grams. The best way to do this is eat 6 small meals a day as best as you can to get the neccessary nutrients. Make sure you are getting enough calories you will need around 2000-2500 on days you train if u want to make any gains. try to get a lot of fish protein such as salmon or tuna they contain many EFA's or essential fatty acids which help raise testosterone levels. However the main thing is finding a good training programme u need to train each bodypart once a week and need to spread out all exercises over 3 training sessions a week. You should begin with 2-3 sets of 8-12 reps for each excercise (the last rep should be very difficult). you will gradually notice improvements in mass and tone if you follow this basic principles quite strictly.

Good luck mate

;)