Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Course Change?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Hi, I have applied for University this year, and had a firm idea of the course I intended to study.

After getting a conditional offer from all of my universities, I have to fill in a form giving my first and second choices.

Now I'm beginning to think I've made a huge mistake with regard to my chosen subject. I partially considered rejecting all of my offers and going through clearing with a different course, but I think that's risky.

If I send off this form, then I don't think I can do this.

Is it possible to go, see if I like the course, and in the first few weeks of getting to University, change the course? Surely there must be loads who hate their course when they get there?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    it shouldn't be too much of a problem to change course. A lot of my friends have changed from what they originally applied for and unis are generally adaptable to meet your needs (they don't really want to lose you).

A friend of mine has also been able to change courses after doing two years at uni already. She has even changed to a different university, on a new course, and been accepted to go straight into second year.

So don't worry about your application being the be all and end all. Anyway, everyone has doubts about the choices they've made - i know i did. But when I got to uni and started my course I realised I had been right all along and I love it to bits.

Good luck anyway :)