Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

microgynon30

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hiya all
im on this pill and was just wondering if anyone knows of any particular side effects/benefits to this pill as i know all pills are different
cheers
xxx

Comments

• Options
    Watch the mood swings!!!
    I was on it for just a month & couldn't handle the way it made me feel permanantly pre-menstrual. I know many women who've tried that pill & only about one who's still on it!
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    thats the one im on. I havent had any side effects from it.
  • Options
    i WAS ON IT FOR 4 YEARS...NO SIDE EFFECTS NOTING...WAS ALL FINE FOR ME
  • Options
    Originally posted by rainbow brite
    thats the one im on. I havent had any side effects from it.

Me neither.
  • Options
    been on it for 2 years...

absolutely no probs :)
  • Options
    when i first went on it, i got quite bad mood swings and my breasts were really tender for a month or so, but it settled down - chances are you'll get side effects with most varieties of pill you try, and they normally settle down within three months. I've been on it for 2 and a half years now and i haven't had any problems since :)
  • Options
    Yeh I had sore breasts just before my period for the first couple of months but its fine now. Wouldn't say I'm anymore moody than usual :D and its definitely reduced pain and flow....wish I'd gone on the pill ages ago!
  • Options
    im with you kinky red, it turned me into a psychopathic whore from hell. i would rather have period pains and use condoms than feel that way! i was awful, i was terrible to everyone!
    sorry if thats put you off but im prone to depression anyway so the pill just isn't a good idea for me!
    a lot of my friends use it with no problems what so ever, so i wouldn't worry to much. take it for a couple of months and see how you feel.
    good luck:)
  • Options
    I was on it for a while but had to ditch it cos it was making me breakout in spots, and i wasn't having that! :no:
  • Options
    I didn't have any problems with it at all.
  • Options
    I've been on it for about 2years and I haven't had any side effects at all.
  • Options
    I had no problems or side effects on it either. I need to get back on it actually. *reminds self to call doctors*
  • Options
    Sorry to sound like the bearer of bad news but I have got pregnant on mircogynon twice.
    Before you all say it, I was extremely careful about taking it (was on it for 3yrs so had a good routine) and my doc said you can still get pregnant on it. But other wise i had no probs with it.
    The first pregnancy, i miscarried at 8wks, and this time im 23wks pregnant with a healthy little girl.
    My advice is still use other protection, no matter what the statistics say.
  • Options
    Originally posted by KinkyRed
    Watch the mood swings!!!
    I was on it for just a month & couldn't handle the way it made me feel permanantly pre-menstrual. I know many women who've tried that pill & only about one who's still on it!
    Good Luck!

I'm with you on that one, i was terrible when i was on microgynon. Mind you saying that none of them seem to agree with me. Started a new one called femodette so hopefully that will now work.
  • Options
    I had sore boobies and it didn't stop my periods.
  • Options
    its good other people get mood swings (well not good but reassuring) i thought i was being a freak coz one minute im shouting at my mates (and i mean evil shouting) and the next i cant stop crying. thing is my doctor gave me another 6 months supply, do u thnk i should go back and get it changed or stay on it for the 6 months to see if it improves?
  • Options
    Tell the doctor about your side-effects & see what they say
  • Options
    cheers for the reply :D
  • Options
    gone up to a 34dd chest. not sure if thats a side effect or a good thing but i personally hate it and it has taken a lot of my confidence away. I know it sounds crazy but i dont like the attention and im totally out of proportion now coz im 5' 1"
  • Options
    yeah im a 34E and 5'3 but i was like that before i just hope i dont get any bigger at all in any places lol