Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fucking drama students!!!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
What the fuck is it with drama students. They are so loud! I am enrolled on a drama course and, although I'm not shy, I am still viewed as an outcast because I don't shout and scream. Is this the same with anyone else or is it just because my college attracted fuck-ups?
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    the majority of drama students ive encountered are complete and utter tossers. but there are a few who are normal. my best mate is one, and him and someone else spend the time taking the piss out of them all, and generally having a laugh at their expence. maybe you just got a bad draw.

their is something disturbing wrong with people who describe them selves as 'bonkers'. they are complete idiots.
    Maybe they just have really good sex?
    what course rae you taking???

if its GCSE drama they'll all be cocks cuz they take it cuz its easy.

im at college doing drama now, used to go to stage school, and i tell ya, if you wanna meet some knobs, go to bloody stage school! college is nothing compared to that! they're so bitchy!

we're alright tho now, had some probs this weeks with certain members being harrassed by the other students (all drama) but they've all been expelled now anyway, so it dont matter!

oh i love my course
    I am soooooo glad someone has raised this topic!!

I take A-level Theatre Studies, and at our college the theatre department is in a house on the edge of the college grounds.

Most of the other people are all total dickheads who walk round the college grounds wearing full theatrical makeup and black capes because they think "It's funny!". Giving all us normal students a bad name.

In the drama house there is a kitchen - if you do not stay in the kitchen at lunchtimes, before college, after college, and in free periods they consider you to be "a loner freak!" :eek2:

More annoying than this though is how my friend and I are constantly being called in to see the teacher because she's worried about us "Not fitting and joining in with the group dynamics!!"

aaaaarrrrrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:
    I know what you mean ju_ju_marie. Even now, as I am writing this I've got fellow students coming up to me and asking if I am alright because I am on my own and "looking lonely". Everything is so trivial. Any negative comment sparks off a reaction from the majority of the students. I choose not to get involved and I am "Wierd". What's with that. The dicks on this course outnumber us sound people two to one. I don't know what I am going to do. I think I should take some pills beforehand and come into college fucked so I can act stupid without feeling self-consious and just talk all day until on the bus home I just come down like a bastard and feel shit for the rest of my waking hours.
    AAAARGH!!!!! Calm down. That is not the solution. Think positively. You should be grateful that people take such an interest. In school, no-one gives a shit about you......
    *growls*
    One of my friends is a drama student!!!!And she may not eb quietist perosn but shes not noisy/wacky either shes just nice. A lot of people who do drmaa in my shcool are actually the more quiet ones.....
    im sorry but the large majority of a-level drama students do peck at my head, quite frankly they act like they are still in kindergarten, but thats a rough generalisation....although i do know a "quiet" drama student.
    There used to be a huge divide when I was in college between most of the students on Campus and the BTEC Performing Arts students (or Performing Tarts as they were/are known)

Even the A level Drama and Performance Studies students had a problem with them.

Mainly because they always seemed to be running around doing whatever they felt like, during the middle of other people's lectures frequently.

Sometimes this kind of situation arises from jealousy of 'serious' students who'd much rather be having fun 'like the Performing Tarts', and also misunderstanding 'they don't do any work'

However if you're saying there's a problem within the drama community - well that's probably because arty people tend to have a problem with being bitchy, mainly because your performance/work is always being compared to that of others and therefore running down someone else will make you appear better

Just some observations of mine from an am-dram/ex-student counsellor perspective
    OMG performing art/drama students are so fucking annoying at my college! :mad: They never shut up they just run round making noise, sit on the stairs singing to each other etc they just never shut the fuck up! :eek2: I swear they must be on drugs or something because they are always hyper and leaping about! :rolleyes:

And I don't know how it can be classed as a subject because everytime I go past one of their lessons they are doing crazy shit like laying on the floor or practising how to catch each other, what the fuck is that all about! :no: And you can spot a performing art student from a mile off because all the girls look like barbies!! :yes:
    Drama A-Level involves a HUGE amount of work! How many of you stay after college for at least 2 hours a week rehearsing?

And a prerequisite for being good at drama is being outgoing! Just because we're outgoing and having fun!

And yes we do lie on the floor but so do all actors. There are exercises you do to achieve a character etc. Do any of you poke fun at film stars for doing stuff like that?

Keep your philistinism to yourself and if you really can't put up with actors then be prepared to never watch drama on TV, in films or the theatre.
    You don't need to remind me how much work it is, I know!! I'm constantly having to stay after college for rehearsals.

It's just the childish bitchiness, back-stabing, and segregation that I can't stand. There is no need for it, and it just tars everyone with the same brush. :mad: :mad: :mad:
    Simbelyne: I agree with a lot of what you say, but don't think that to be good at drama is to be hugely outgoing. I do drama and I'm not shy, but I don't talk a lot. I find it much easier acting on stage in front of a few hundred people than doing a talk in front of 20 people. Sometimes you need to be outgoing, I see that, when i go to auditions I will talk much more, but in day-to-day life I'm not very loud or outgoing.- and I do have fun.
    I meant outgoing acting wise yeah!;)
    Originally posted by ju_ju_marie
    You don't need to remind me how much work it is, I know!! I'm constantly having to stay after college for rehearsals.

It's just the childish bitchiness, back-stabing, and segregation that I can't stand. There is no need for it, and it just tars everyone with the same brush. :mad: :mad: :mad:

then you're obviously not on the right course. If you cant hack the pace, dont join the race. I dont consider myself 'arty farty', i dont have pink hair, and i dont walk around campus dressed in a black cape. You are stereotyping all drama students because of the few you know at your college, including yourself may i add.

Im sorry but you're the one who is tarring everyone with the same brush, if you weren't childish you wouldn't have posted a bitchy (and might i add politically incorrect) thread like this.

Im sorry, but i find you offensive, and yes, my drama group has encountered problems, that of which have caused 5 students to be expelled and three of those on a court case at the moment on trial for racist and abusive threats and attacks against other students.

If your group has got this bad, fair enough. If it is just petty two-faced children you are talking about, then im sorry, you need to leave 'school' where it belongs and let those idiots get on with being prats.
    oi! i was a drama student last year and i will be again next so be hushed! i may not be the quietest person and yes i have been known to walk around skool in the the hats that ive nicked from the costume department but im not a dick head. its fun standing out from the rest of the boring students who seem so far up their arses that they dnt know how to let themselves go and not care about what others are thinking about them.