Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

ulcers??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I think I have an ulcer in the roof of my mouth just at the back of my tooth and it's hurting my tooth when ever I brush teeth and my gum is quite sore. What's good at getting rid of them?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Bonjella
    Surgical Spirit
    TSP
    etc
    Surgical Spirit, on a bit of cotten wall and dab it on yeah?
    If you can't face swilling it round your mouth yeah. Altho, cotton wool in the mouth won't be very nice - dab it on with your finger.
    Ulcers in the mouth are often a sign of low immunity and sometimes dehydration.

keep drinking fluids, by this i mean water and juice, not coke which i think dehydrates you. And make sure you eat some fruits and try nuts aswell. not salted ones but like Hazel nuts and Brazilian nuts.

It'll just go away after a while.
    Hellooo!

I suffer from mouth ulcers quite a bit, and as I work in a chemist I'm familiar with some of the best things to help them lol.

Go into your local pharmacy and ask for Adcortyl (sp?), it is kept behind the counter as it is a P med (the pharmacist has to be aware that it is being sold). It is like a paste which sticks to the ulcer, therefore it doesn't hurt when you eat etc.

If you don't like the sound of that, give Corsodyl mouthwash a go. That is usually kept on the shop floor, along with the Bonjela (which I find useless). The Corsodyl is for minor mouth infections and minor gum diseases, and I find that it clears my ulcers up really fast.

I hope my post is of some use :)