Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Message from an American

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
The average American knows that he is despised in many places in the world. So be it. We are decent people who have a great deal of patience. It is running out. We have been at war since the World Trade Center was destroyed.

THe silent majority of Americans believe Saddam has a hand in aiding terrorists. He is the enemy. We are going after him. We have no antipathy towards the Iraqi people. We are going to take out Saddam. We shall do it with or without the UN.

Any more attacks on the US will only inflame the resolve of the average American. We will protect ourselves regardless of what anybody says or does.

Rant away but that is the way it is going to be and you can't do thing one to stop it!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Can't speak for anyone else here but I've always been glad to have some Yanks around in the places I've been.

DinkyDau
    thats just a reason why though. you americans can come off as somewhat, arrogant.
    that is the way it is going to be and you can't do thing one to stop it!
    is my point. I have no problems with americans but it seems their culture is degrading. America has probably done lots of terrorist acts itself.

My only avice is, just be able to re-evaluate your position sometimes. You might be surprised at what you notice.
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    thats just a reason why though. you americans can come off as somewhat, arrogant.

is my point. I have no problems with americans but it seems their culture is degrading. America has probably done lots of terrorist acts itself.

My only avice is, just be able to re-evaluate your position sometimes. You might be surprised at what you notice.

Sure our countries culture is degrading. I have noticed lots of English culture exported across the whole world. You guys are the heat! The whole USA aspires for our culture to be as great as yours. We watch your movies and wear your clothes and we all love fish and chips and TEA. The world bows to english culture.
    Originally posted by hk9147

Sure our countries culture is degrading. I have noticed lots of English culture exported across the whole world. You guys are the heat! The whole USA aspires for our culture to be as great as yours. We watch your movies and wear your clothes and we all love fish and chips and TEA. The world bows to english culture.
    i am the man who has no answers.
    i have many yearsw of life and few answersw. we are going to waqr.
    what then we wonder?
    Re: Message from an American
    Originally posted by Murph the Surf
    The average American knows that he is despised in many places in the world. So be it. We are decent people

yea. now bear with me here, right now, i'm not even going to try to get political with you here, but seriously...

so i live in america. i dont' get out of the states that often, rarely acutally. and when i do, its for vacations, with other americans. but i learn it the extent that others hate us. i can understand why they do and i dont' blame them. but i'm not going to discuss that right now.

i came onto the site not knowing that it was a european thing. and i know that you all have your opinions of the americans. i think that different issues can be discussed in the designated areas (such as politics) but making nationality comments other places is really getting to the point of downright rude.

a while ago when this place was getting all bitchy, you all seemed to notice and react. but every now and then (more often than every now and then acutally) there will be comments made about the general american population. not things that the government has done or the way that things have been handled, but things dealing with our every day way of life and the people in general.

i'm sure you don't notice it much considering that you all join in on it. its just another thread or post, but to the people who it is acutally directed at, you notice. for example, when comments are made about the easyness of essex girls, the people in essex remark. but since the majority of this place is not american, nobody stands up to the comments. they are just there to be said and for us to be laughed at. there is a difference between rationally discussing current affairs and making wise ass remarks about the american population.
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner

It isn't arrogance when you can do it. ;)