Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Hydrogen "Bombers"??

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I don't know about you guys, but this one totally came out of left field for me. It might be great if it's true, but I must admit I have my biases and I'm never one to trust a Republican. What do you guys think? Good news or bad news?? Or just plain fishy? Perhaps this one will be a case 'wait and see"...

hydrogen cars: FreedomFUEL

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    See, right now the air in the US has gotten much cleaner than it was before I was born. But we keep letting in millions of immigrants and the American population keeps growing too every year. We're already a country of over 282,000,000. So anything they can do to keep any pollutant out of the air is o.k. with me. (As long as they don't start making flying cars cause I'm afraid of heights starting at about 4 meters.:p )
    actually, you let in around 80,000 immigrants compared to the UKs 100,000+

would you be happy to have you nice big V6 [or straight 6 etc] car taken away and replaced with a 2 litre european engine producing the same amount of power, does 35mpg, but hey, it doesn't sound as good? how about keeping to the kyoto commitments -but hey, the US keeping up to any treaty/agreement would be a first - and reducing your CO2 outputs to sensible levels, as the worlds biggest producer per capita by a huge amount?

oh no, that would cost too much, so instead bush baby spouts some crap about tech that has been in active development for around 10 years as if he came up with it....
    Originally posted by nosferatu1000

would you be happy to have you nice big V6 [or straight 6 etc] car taken away and replaced with a 2 litre european engine producing the same amount of power, does 35mpg, but hey, it doesn't sound as good? how about keeping to the kyoto commitments -but hey, the US keeping up to any treaty/agreement would be a first - and reducing your CO2 outputs to sensible levels, as the worlds biggest producer per capita by a huge amount?

oh no, that would cost too much, so instead bush baby spouts some crap about tech that has been in active development for around 10 years as if he came up with it....

So, you are suggesting that agreeing to a treaty that allows China to increase their polluting, that requires New Zealand to bag the farts of their sheep and cattle....is a good treaty?
    blahaaaaaaaaaaaa Greenhat. That cracked me up.

By the way complicated named guy, we didn't sign that treaty. It was weighted against us.
    See, the reason this issue concerns me is that it seems suspicious. Right in the middle of an address to the public to try and cheerlead for the war machine, he slips in this weird little side note, as if to say: "Oh, and just to prove to you folks that this war isn't about oil I'm going to pretend that I'm actually entertaining the idea of erradicating the largest need in our country for said product, by telling you all about the useless, meaningless, expensive, fake new car fuel program we have running in Detroit. So all you bleeding heart environmentalist pinko pussies can go back to brainlessly cheering us on to slaughter the Iraqi people."

Of course, I'm paraphrasing here.

And "FreedomFUEL"???????? I mean COMMON, how cheesy is that!! What small town community vocational college did their spin doctors graduate from??????

produce a V8 or V12 that can do the same then we'll talk. Kyoto endangered US jobs, in an already flailing economy that would have been a very dumb proposition for us.

Just a thought, but isn't the entire US based on immigration?

As for your comments on cars, yeah I'd agree in the main. I drive a 1.6l car, that does over 100mph and gets me from A-B without much fuss.

How does that differ from what you would need in the US?
    Petrol in the US is shockingly cheap so no-one is too concerned about consumption.

It must also be said that public transport leaves a lot to be desired for; it is common for every adult member of a family to own a car.

At least cars now are becoming a bit more sensible. They still like their big saloons and small cars are few and far apart, but it's better than the 1970s tanks everyone used to drive.