Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

the growth of anti americanism.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
the very rapid growth of anti americanism is being fueled by the likes of pissinthepot and globe amongst others. the sheer ignorance and hypocrisy is fucking terryfying. "my country right even when blatantly fucking wrong" seems to be the attitude.
you come on a little english site with your sterile right wing minds.
have you realy been brainwashed this much or are you paid by the american govt to try to brainwash the youth of this country as well.
you can't see that your reasoning should lead you to carpet bomb israel.
or are you actualy paid by alqueda to make us all despise you?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Re: the growth of anti americanism.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    the very rapid growth of anti americanism is being fueled by the likes of pissinthepot and globe amongst others. the sheer ignorance and hypocrisy is fucking terryfying. "my country right even when blatantly fucking wrong" seems to be the attitude.
    you come on a little english site with your sterile right wing minds.
    have you realy been brainwashed this much or are you paid by the american govt to try to brainwash the youth of this country as well.
    you can't see that your reasoning should lead you to carpet bomb israel.
    or are you actualy paid by alqueda to make us all despise you?

interesting tirade you have there. you're blaming the problems of the world and the problems of the US on right wing-ism? Why not blame the problems on those actually causing it, the terrorists, the outlaw regimes and yourself - yes, you.

See, every time you bash my country, tell me I am bad because I am an American and god forbid, agree with a lot of the international policy, you just become another whining liberal, unworthy of attention or credence. This goes to the selfsame extreme as a radical right winger spewing off about killing everything nonwhite and non christian. You, my friend are on the extreme, and for the most part, are just adding fuel to what you call anti Americanism.

Brainwash your country? That would take a lot of soap, as its already happened.:crazyeyes
    i happen to have family in america and canada, 3 generations of them. i am not anti american. i have stated why more of the world is becoming that way. you are in for one big shock when you find that this right wing govt of yours has bought your country to it's knees. when it is totaly isolated and your economy collapses. the social turmoil and chaos your heading for will prove who was right in the end. i fear for my liberal family over there, as they are begining to fear for themselves.
    i happen to have family in america and canada, 3 generations of them. i am not anti american. i have stated why more of the world is becoming that way. you are in for one big shock when you find that this right wing govt of yours has bought your country to it's knees. when it is totaly isolated and your economy collapses. the social turmoil and chaos your heading for will prove who was right in the end. i fear for my liberal family over there, as they are begining to fear for themselves.

friend, our economy is already a mess but thats the nature of it all - economics in any system are cyclical and as it happens, we are on a down cycle. Please dont suggest that the Republicans ruined my economy - when slick willy clinton, king of American liberalism was in office he came in and rode through a very high part of the cycle, a cycle may I remind you, that was on the decline before the election even started getting candidates announced.

social turmoil and chaos? again, I fail to see it - provide an example. the only social chaos I see is reality tv and the expected rise in crime brought on by a lousy economy - again, all part of the cycle.

as far as your family, us right wingers may disagree with them - even vehemently (and in canada we just laugh at them) but they have NOTHING to fear.
    i happen to have family in america and canada, 3 generations of them. i am not anti american. i have stated why more of the world is becoming that way.

Funny thing. I live in SE Asia, and here it seems that people are becoming more pro-USA. Maybe the problem for Europe is really something else...
    The worldwide demonstrations stated 2 weeks ago covering the four corners of the globe would lead me to believe the contrary.
    Originally posted by Aladdin
    The worldwide demonstrations stated 2 weeks ago covering the four corners of the globe would lead me to believe the contrary.

"four corners" "globe"

Mind telling me where those are? And what percentage of the world's population took part?
    probably more than the ones who were shouting "USA a ok" :rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    "four corners" "globe"
    :D

WhoWhere, I don't really get your stance. Cause on the whole (when reading your posts and opinions) you pretty much agree with the American stance, though never let an oppoortunity slip to try to bash them.
    I am not saying that you should support them a 100%, but it just seems weird. That you try to bash them, even on subjects where you agree.
    Re: the growth of anti americanism.
    the very rapid growth of anti americanism is being fueled by the likes of pissinthepot and globe amongst others. the sheer ignorance and hypocrisy is fucking terryfying.
    No anti-Americanism is fuelled by American foreign policy!

Remember the Vietnam war when more bombs were dropped on Vietnam than in the whole of World War II and deadly agent orange defoliant was used which caused thousands and thousands of horrific birth defects! In that war around two million Vietnamese people were killed and neutral Cambodia was bombed (bombing neutral countries is a crime under international law).

Remember the Contra war in Nicaragua in the 1980s when cocaine drug money was used to finance Contra terrorists who commited massacres and torture against the Nicaraguan people!

Remember also Americas links to right wing militias in El Salavador and Guatamala in the 1980s who also committed acts of torture and massacres of peasants.

Today America is funding and arming the Colombian regime one of the most brutal regimes on earth which is linked to right wing paramilitaries who have carried out torutre and massacres of peasants! America is proping up the brutal Colombian regime because American oil companies are in Colombia there to get their hands on Colombias vast oil wealth! See Plan Colombia Plan of Death

America is also now planning to wage a horrific war on Iraq which will kill, maim and injure tens of thousands of Iraqi people and leave the country in complete ruins!
    It's not fair is it Jacqs, that considering America could do with as much support as possible in Europe there are some people out there who will support them but have reservations about the US' motives and ethics and will not give them carte blanche . How untrustworthy and inconsiderate of them! :p

And how typical of Greenhat to concentrate on figures of speech in order to avoid the subject at hand...

Well I'm glad you can appreciate the roundness of our world; a not-so-small number of your compatriots actually believe the earth is flat.

Of course, I keep forgetting that unless the whole world, all 6bn of us are put on trial and a verdict is reached out with sufficient evidence you can't possibly accept that the majority of us are against a war. Everyone is presumed a US supporter and proven otherwise, eh? :lol:
    It's not fair is it Jacqs, that considering America could do with as much support as possible in Europe there are some people out there who will support them but have reservations about the US' motives and ethics and will not give them carte blanche . How untrustworthy and inconsiderate of them! :p

I was exactly pointing out that I don't expect him to agree with everything but trying to put down the Americans and their opinions in every given chance, even when it's a point which he ususally agrees on, then it simply doesn't make sense!
    It makes as much sense as your inability or refusal to ever agree that the US has or is doing anything wrong in its foreign policy. I guess not criticising makes perfect sense eh Jacq?
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    It makes as much sense as your inability or refusal to ever agree that the US has or is doing anything wrong in its foreign policy. I guess not criticising makes perfect sense eh Jacq?

You're just a joke.

I am sorry if you can't comprehend what I wrote in my post above, but I simply refuse to write it a 3rd time.

Btw, shouldn't you have a huge workload at the moment concidering the current situation?
    I happen to be on a two week sabbattical. Ive had a hellish autumn and turn of the year without a break and am working on several projrcts on my own time that have been left too long.

Of course, I keep forgetting that unless the whole world, all 6bn of us are put on trial and a verdict is reached out with sufficient evidence you can't possibly accept that the majority of us are against a war. Everyone is presumed a US supporter and proven otherwise, eh? :lol:

Maybe you haven't noticed, but one of the great advantages of the English language is its inherent ability to be accurate. Now, I've asked for information on where these demonstrations were and how much of the world's population took part. 1%? 1/2%? .001%?

Can you at least demonstrate that it was a sufficient number to suggest the possibility of what is being claimed here?
    I don't think that would give any accurate indication Greeny, and Im sure you know that. Not everyone who might oppose the war would necessarily go out and march or join public demonstrations for any host of reasons including availability and time constraints, family obligations, etc...
    Originally posted by Clandestine
    I don't think that would give any accurate indication Greeny, and Im sure you know that. Not everyone who might oppose the war would necessarily go out and march or join public demonstrations for any host of reasons including availability and time constraints, family obligations, etc...

Of course I know that. The point is that the claim is rediculous, just as it would be rediculous to claim that the majority of the world favors war against Iraq. The reality is that the majority of the world couldn't give a shit.
    We certainly do in Europe, and they certainly do in the Muslim world (1bn at the last count) and in parts of Asia.

There hasn't been a single demonstration ever where every last supporter of a cause was present. Firstly because it'd be physically impossible. And secondly because many people can't make it or don't want to participate in street protests.

However demonstrations are as good indicator as any of the public mood. Where opinion polls have been conducted they reflect a wide rejection of war, and the two factors combined make a perfectly clear case of what the great majority of people in the world think about the war on Iraq.

Of course you can close your eyes and hang on to the argument that unless everyone is officially polled we won't know for sure.
    We certainly do in Europe, and they certainly do in the Muslim world (1bn at the last count) and in parts of Asia.

There hasn't been a single demonstration ever where every last supporter of a cause was present. Firstly because it'd be physically impossible. And secondly because many people can't make it or don't want to participate in street protests.

However demonstrations are as good indicator as any of the public mood. Where opinion polls have been conducted they reflect a wide rejection of war, and the two factors combined make a perfectly clear case of what the great majority of people in the world think about the war on Iraq.

Of course you can close your eyes and hang on to the argument that unless everyone is officially polled we won't know for sure.

"in parts of Asia"

What parts of Asia? The most populous nation on Earth is China, and I can pretty much tell you that most Chinese don't care one way or the other....because that is how life is for them...just like most Thais don't care...most Vietnamese don't care....most Indians don't care...most Malaysians don't care....most Khymer and Lao don't care... most Lisu, Mien, etc. not only don't care, they probably don't know it's happening...most Nepalese don't care...most Burmese don't care... hmmmm....think I've probably got a majority of the world right there...

Why don't they care? Because they have their own lives, their own issues to deal with, and for most of the people above...their opinion has absolutely NO EFFECT on what happens, so they don't bother having one...

Can I guarantee that most of the world "doesn't care"? Nope...and I'm not pretending to. But I am rather familiar with the cultures of Asia, and for someone to claim that the majority of the world oppose war with Iraq is laughable.

As for your demonstrations...lets say 10% of the supporters turned out...still want to know how many and what % of the Earth's population it is.
    Are you suggestion that the Chinese, to name but one of the countries you've quoted, do not have the comprehension or intellect needed to have an opinion on foreign affairs? Everybody's got problems and there's poverty and internal affairs for everyone to worry about. That doesn't mean they don't care or have an opinion on what's happening elsewhere.

I would've thought that the people of China (and North Korea) in particular are watching this quite closely. One being a military adversary of America and the other locked in an unpleasant dispute over nuclear weapons, you could forgive the common rice farmer for thinking about the reasons of America's policy and whether they'll be next.
    Are you suggestion that the Chinese, to name but one of the countries you've quoted, do not have the comprehension or intellect needed to have an opinion on foreign affairs? Everybody's got problems and there's poverty and internal affairs for everyone to worry about. That doesn't mean they don't care or have an opinion on what's happening elsewhere.

I would've thought that the people of China (and North Korea) in particular are watching this quite closely. One being a military adversary of America and the other locked in an unpleasant dispute over nuclear weapons, you could forgive the common rice farmer for thinking about the reasons of America's policy and whether they'll be next.

It isn't about the intellect or comprehension, it is that they just don't care. It doesn't affect them, or their life. Making assumptions about what is important to Asians is why so many westerners find it difficult or impossible to cope with living here. Asians are generally not linear thinkers. Cause and effect are not linked. Time is not important.

You are assuming everyone in the world thinks and looks at issues and problems the way you do. They don't. Most of the world doesn't. That isn't to say one is good or bad, just different.
    I must apologize for my fellow countrymen. How dare we rebuild Europe after THEIR war. How dare Marshall start a plan to rebuild their economies. Yes, look how we enslave people all over the world. How dare we start NATO to protect Europe. How dare we interfere in the internal workings of Yugoslavia.

What nerve we have trying to protect the world from a mad man. Yes we are at fault. I think America should look out for #1. We should stay home and let you Eurpoeans deal with it. I hope we close our borders so we won't pollute the rest of the world.
    Yes I apologize for all the terrible things we have and are doing to the world. I suppose you'll be wanting us to pull out all our filthy money from Europe. You will of course not want your money tainted by being invested here.

A parting of the ways would be fine with me. Oh yes you will now have to start defending yourselves. The world is so safe now as you know.

How dare we Americans support freedom and democracy. What were we thinking? We should pull out of the UN as we are not morally worthy of membership. The UN should locate to Europe somewhere don't you think?

Yes we Americans are terrible!:rolleyes:
    Originally posted by Murph the Surf
    I must apologize for my fellow countrymen. How dare we rebuild Europe after THEIR war. How dare Marshall start a plan to rebuild their economies. Yes, look how we enslave people all over the world. How dare we start NATO to protect Europe. How dare we interfere in the internal workings of Yugoslavia.

What nerve we have trying to protect the world from a mad man. Yes we are at fault. I think America should look out for #1. We should stay home and let you Eurpoeans deal with it. I hope we close our borders so we won't pollute the rest of the world.
    Yes I apologize for all the terrible things we have and are doing to the world. I suppose you'll be wanting us to pull out all our filthy money from Europe. You will of course not want your money tainted by being invested here.

A parting of the ways would be fine with me. Oh yes you will now have to start defending yourselves. The world is so safe now as you know.

How dare we Americans support freedom and democracy. What were we thinking? We should pull out of the UN as we are not morally worthy of membership. The UN should locate to Europe somewhere don't you think?

Yes we Americans are terrible!:rolleyes:

I agree with you in part. We have to stay engaged in world politics until the missle shield is up and running. Then the U.S. should pull out of the U.N. and withdraw all military forces to the U.S. Let the EuroPEONs, Moslems and asians handle there own problems. We would still be hated either way. But at least we would be spending our tax money on America only.
    Are you suggestion that the Chinese, to name but one of the countries you've quoted, do not have the comprehension or intellect needed to have an opinion on foreign affairs?

As Greenhat suggests, they simply do not give a shit, anymore more than they (or I) give a shit about what soccer team beats which, in an endeavor which niether adds nor detracts from the daily grind of my life. :lol:
    Originally posted by hk9147

I agree with you in part. We have to stay engaged in world politics until the missle shield is up and running. Then the U.S. should pull out of the U.N. and withdraw all military forces to the U.S. Let the EuroPEONs, Moslems and asians handle there own problems. We would still be hated either way. But at least we would be spending our tax money on America only.

I completely agree about pulling out of the UN and withdrawing all military forces back to the US.

I wouldn't rely too much on the missile shield for protection though.