Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

was i right to do it?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
hi all

well here is my problem. I was dating this beautiful girl called Jenni. She so nice and sweet. Well as you can guess we broke up. I dumped her this afternoon after she came to me crying her eyes out. I was so concered ive never seen her cry like that before, well i carmed her down and we sat talking and she told me wot had happened ( after i like begged her for an hr ) Well the problem was her ex bf. He had been in contact with her and was telling her how happy he was and he had a new gf. So then she started crying again and i couldnt help but feel really jealous. She was telling me how she loved him and how it hurt so much. I finaly snapped and told her i was her gf and i new it hurt but she has me now. It turned into a huge fight and i dumped her i was so hurt that she still wanted him i told her its him or me ( i no it was a stupid thing to do) and she choose him so now im thinking

was i right to dump her?

should i ask her back?

please wot do you think ?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    You can look at it two ways.

Either you were a bit hasty and she only chose him because you two were fighting and she wanted to hurt you. She may have just been upset because he had deliberately hurt her. In which case you both should have calmed down and listened to her, and talked about it some more.

Or, she chose him because she isn't over him and her relationship with you was purely on the rebound. She chose to go back to him or at least to go back to trying to get him back (!!) because she would actually prefer to be with him. In which case you did the right thing and deserve someone who actually wants to be with you!