Home Politics & Debate
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Got the Bali bastard.

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
This creep's name has been coming up in connection to crimes since I've been aware of the world. I knew he led the Bali murders.

On Australia/NZ Yahoo today:

Indeed Abu Bakar Bashir was involved," said Colonel Zainury Lubis, spokesman for the investigating team.

Bashir is already in detention over a series of separate church bombings in 2000, and investigators have been trying to link him to the October 12 blasts that killed nearly 200 people, 88 of them Australians.

However, Lubis said that Bashir - the alleged spiritual leader of the Jemaah Islamiah terror group - had yet to be officially named a suspect in the Bali case.

Bashir, a 61-year-old cleric who runs a religious boarding school on Java island, is scheduled to stand trial later this year over the church bombings two years ago. He has denied any involvement in terrorism.

"Several suspects already in custody have said he knew of the bombings," Lubis said.

His gang and that mosque in London were thorns in my side. At least they broke the hateful London group before they killed. The Bali bastard not only killed people, he killed their economy: Westerners are still avoiding Bali.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blimey...so theres been a trial and the person has been found guilty then? Wicked...because you wouldn't want to be silly enought to do one of those guilty before proven innocent things now would you.
    byny...if you ever read or heard one of his speeches, you'd feel differently. He's been calling for death to this or that group constantly. And his "schools" are all about hate. He had his students burn a bunch of churches as part of his Christmas Eve celebration. And on t.v., they showed him celebrating 911. I'd like to see anyone celebrating 911 dead.
    Originally posted by pnjsurferpoet
    byny...if you ever read or heard one of his speeches, you'd feel differently. He's been calling for death to this or that group constantly. And his "schools" are all about hate. He had his students burn a bunch of churches as part of his Christmas Eve celebration. And on t.v., they showed him celebrating 911. I'd like to see anyone celebrating 911 dead.

gotta say I agree with that. when his trial concludes, death will be the most appopriate punishment for him.
    agreed, there's something about dancing and celebrating the murder of 3000 people I find quite chilling.
    Reminds me of the 40's.
    Time Magazine's SE Asia edition that is currently on the newstand has a pretty extensive workup of both Bashir and the two persons who have been arrested for driving the plan. Also has some information on the other participants (only a couple left still on the run...one from Al Queda) as well as the Al Queda connection. Interestingly, not one of them is poor.
    Originally posted by Greenhat
    Interestingly, not one of them is poor.

But... HOW can that BE??? :confused:

Rather contradicts what the terrorist supporters have been saying, on this forum... :rolleyes:
    I didn't know that Green. But I was always amazed at the "poor" angle when Osama was so rich. I'm also surprised when they don't mention that he's racist to the extreme.