Home Sex & Relationships
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Tickling

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Ok, I would have put this in the relationships, but it's more related to the sex side of things. Whenever i try to tickle my girlfriend to get a giggle out of her, she just says, oh, noone can make me laugh, except my mum. or sometimes my dad. oh and all my old friends as well.

makes me feel unworthy. forget the word...
hmmm we have not had sex and dont plan to in the near future, its just one of those things we do to pass the time. i dont think anything i do to her even slightly sends a tingle down her spine. im close to giving up. i mean. grahhh. any advice?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Ask her? Anyone of us could reply and give you an answer, but no one knows what shes thinking other than her :)
    Maybe she's not ticklish?
    Smack her round the head!

See if she feels that, :p and ask her old man does it as well as you!

Or tickle her back, legs, or stroke her hair (some girls like that)
    Have you actually tried to tickle her? Most people have got tickly bits somewhere, even if they protest

Thinking about it (which I'd rather not :yuck: ) my first kiss was actually the result of a tickle!
    i have tried tickling her on the back of the neck, on her tummy, the side of her ribs, her feet, and her ankle. i havent tried her legs because thats a bit too far a the moment, although i did put my hand on her thigh and started writing out wiht my finger. hehe that was fun :).

seems to me though that she doesnt respond well to physical contact with me :(
    when i have asked her she said she isnt ticklish, only to aformentioned people (which is most people except me).

i manage to be able to tickle my sister and she almost explodes everytime so i think its my/lauras attitude towards the tickling that isnt doing it for her. ah well :crying:
    Try a feather up her nose ... :p

(Try a feather on her body anyway)
    Originally posted by TheShyBoyInTheCorner
    i have tried tickling her on the back of the neck, on her tummy, the side of her ribs, her feet, and her ankle. i havent tried her legs because thats a bit too far a the moment, although i did put my hand on her thigh and started writing out wiht my finger. hehe that was fun :).

seems to me though that she doesnt respond well to physical contact with me :(
    when i have asked her she said she isnt ticklish, only to aformentioned people (which is most people except me).

i manage to be able to tickle my sister and she almost explodes everytime so i think its my/lauras attitude towards the tickling that isnt doing it for her. ah well :crying:

Maybe she just isnt ticklish?

My ex used to tickle me, but anyone else does it it didnt work. Doesnt mean i dont love my family or whatever!

STOP OVER ANALYSING!!!
    Im not ticklish either, wouldnt worry about it ! ;)
    My boyfriend is so ticklish that touching him at all generally leads him in to a giggle fit. Think your self lucky in my opinion!!! There is no such thing as a bit of sneeky business in the cinema coz he bursts out in giggles
    Closer to the point, it took me a while to react to any tickling my boyfriend tried on me, i think the nerves killed the tickles so try not to make her nervous by passing worrying vibes to her.
    STOP OVER ANALYSING!!!

I agree - Chill will you ~

So what if you can't tickle her.... Sure it's nice if you can... but try not to make a big issue out of it. :)
    Maybe you're tickling her too hard? Most people just dig in with their fingers, and "tickling" actually hurts.
    Try tickling and therefore teasing her, very lightly - barely touching. Then again, she might just find that irritating.

Mr_Wobble ;)
    Why don't you just ask her if she likes being tickled.