Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

antipsychotics

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
wonderin if anyone has ever taken any of these. i suffered from serious drug induced psychosis about a year agao and im still tryin to deal with the after effects- paranoia, conspiracy theories, distracted, loss of confidence blah bla and my head doctor has prescribed me seroquel to hopefully rid me of the paranoia. so far its jus made sure i get a gd nights sleep, anyone got any experience
dont b shy

Comments

• Options
    They can be very useful some some people, however there are a few of the stronger ones on the market which can have serious side effects.
    Be sure that you have a good relationship with your doctor and tell him/her all the effects you get from the meds, even the small things you think might not be important.

As for 'just' making you sleep, be very glad of that, some of us cant do that on a regular basis and it really gets to you. In fact I've been prescibed some anti-stress/sedative pills for a short term solution.
  • Options
    Oh and if you want more information on your drug, try www.rxlist.com if it doesnt come up under the trade name try the chemical one.
    They have lots of information.