Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Does anyone else get this?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Not the best worded post, but here goes anway...

When on pills, or any of the drugs considered to be 'harder', do any of you receive, for want of a better word, disaproving, or dirty looks from people?

If so, and you get quite a few people doing it, do you become slightly paranoid?

Or am I just imagining it all? :confused:

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    I've had a few dodgy pill experiences like that before. The worst experience was when I took a couple of radioactives and felt really depressed as I was coming up. This soon led to paranoia and claustophobia and I just had to get out of the club I was in. Strange thing was that my mates felt fine and were buzzin pretty good from the same batch. Very strange....
    I only really noticed it last night, when the paranoia kicked in.

I walked into a room full of people, absolutely off my tits. People looked round from their conversations to see who just came in (me) with a smile on their face, presumably from the conversations. When they noticed how fucked I looked they kinda shook their heads, and turned back to their convos with a look of disgust.

Imagine a room full of 20 odd people doing this to you at once, when you're accompanied only by your own drug fuelled paranoia.

It called for a sharp exit anyway :p
    every single one of us i would have thought. it's part of the buzz with all drugs. after all these years i can still hit a run of paranoia on weed. the difference is, i know that everyone else around me has the same thing now and again so i just ride it. "scuse me folks while i just have a little freak out in the corner". it soon passes when you know how to ride it. main thing is don't be embarrassed by it. it happens to us all. use it. try and laugh about it by taking the piss out of yourself to someone.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    try and laugh about it by taking the piss out of yourself to someone.

The thing is, the people don't seem to have time for you when they notice you're on something.

Forgive my dodgy analogy, but it's as if they look upon you as contageous or something, and they'll say anything to try and get you to go away.
    E induced Paranoia

Kiezo i know exactly what your talking about! :yes:

I have experienced this on many occasions and now its a very rare occurance i can go clubbing whilst pilled up and actually feel 100% comftable in my surroundings unless i`ve taken shit hot pills.

There are people who will take you as you are but in my experience i`d say i`ve had a lot of looks of disgust especially after i`ve triple dropped or something. It`s even worse when you have several bouncers watching you as well but i find that funny to talk about afterwards. (i never carry any in anymore i always drop before i go inside)

In my local club i always tend to stay in the hard trance/hard house room so i`m basically with my own kind because in the other room is RnB so i doubt the girls would have much time for me pilled up in there!

I dont know how often or how long you have been doing pills for but normally when you start having nights out like that it starts to go down hill from there.
    thing is when your on drugs you have a great time, when your on drugs with other people who are also on drugs everyone has a great time, but if your sober and with someone who is cained it can get very annoying very fast. especially when they repeatedly remind you how fucked they are, as if you really want to know. and the crap your talking that sounds absolutely hillarious/profound/insightful to you just sounds like irritating bollocks to the other person who just wishes you'd just go away adn shut the fuck up.

ive been on both sides. now i only take things with other people who are on them or on my own cause its no fun being the only one who's wasted and it just irritates everyone else.
    I've had similar experiences. You don't realise how much you're irritating other people when you're talking bollocks to them until you think about it the next day and remember all those not-so-subtle hints they kept dropping ("shut up you fucking twat" being a recent one). It's all part of the fun though and I always like it when people start laughing at the amount of crap I'm talking.

I had the worst paranoid experience a few months ago. I went to antiworld with this girl who I'd only met once before and her mates and we were all getting on fine until I asked her if she had a boyfriend (only innocently of course) and she said no but she wasn't looking. I got really paranoid after that and spent about two hours in her house afterwards just sitting on a sofa not saying a word to anyone cos I thought they all hated me but I was too fucked to leave.
    Yeah, I made a rule ages back only to take pills with like minded people, in like minded clubs!

I will have a bit of coke when out with 'straight' mates, if only to piss them off that you're drinking them under the table!
    I never do drugs with my straight pals. I have a nice wee collections of hedonistic mates who love a Human Traffic-esque ecky fest every month or two. I dropped a couple of weeks ago on a night out with a mix of straight and mad mates and it was awful! My straight mates kept staring, mostly out of curiousity, but it really freaked me.
    By the responses I think we can all say we've at least had something like you describe.

To be honest though, I normaly dont get worried for myself, or paranoid in that sense, I always find I'm worrying about the people I'm with, to make sure they are ok.
    I really don't care what people think about me when on drugs. I can be on acid falling on my ass and I will laugh about it, fuck those who dissaprove.

I got really paranoid at my first rave. Not a good experience.
    Location, Location, Location. Most club nights I've been to I've not felt any worries at all but I went to a club in Montreal and it was Raga downstairs with lots of nasty looking blokes so that freaked me a bit.
    Cant say i've ever had bad paranoia after pills, but then again ive only done it 3 times. Although I haven't noticed people 'looking at me in disgust while im on them, after soem of my friends found out I did them they made it clear they diasaproved of it, and said crap like 'its changes who you are' even though they didn't have a clue I had done them before and hadn't noticed I had 'changed' until I told them..:rolleyes:

Also, aniother point, not much to do with this really, but in sixth form on monday they showed the Leah Betts (sp?) video... and that DID make me feel paraoid, as I was sitting in with the other people, felt like everyone was looking at me in disgust.. it also kinda freeked me out, although I know she drank too much and stuff, but still, its scary.

Anyway, sorry for going off the original point.
    this is all with no disrespect to her family.

i was about 14 or 15 when leah betts died, and heard it all at school. But now that i know so much more about ecstacy her parents annoy me. Every time there is a story in the paper about ecstacy they've got a comment in there. the fact is leah betts drank too much water. if everyone was better educated people wouldn't die (or less would). if (if only) it was legalised, there'd but no dangerous pills with poison and shit in them!

just my rant that i would have tried pills sooner if i'd been given a more balanced view, rather than if you do ecstacy you're likely to die.

it's been going round in my head for ages, i had to say it somewhere:rolleyes:
    Pills are dangerous, theres no way of avoiding that fact, they are NOT harmless fun.
    However they are not as dangerous as some people claim and with the right precations they can be made safer.

Plus I dont want to be an old git but if your still in sixth form should you be doing pills?
    To my mind anything other than puff should be left till over 18.
    Originally posted by bongbudda
    Plus I dont want to be an old git but if your still in sixth form should you be doing pills?
    To my mind anything other than puff should be left till over 18.
    Well I'm 17, do it safely, well safely regarding drug use, about sipping about a pint of water over an hour etc. And plus, I only do it occassionally. For me, I'd rather drop a pill than get hammered on alcohol- (i get out of control on booze) so feeling good and being in control whilst i'm pillin is better for me than booze.. (if you get me..)

Anyway, enough said by me

:)
    One of my ex's did the same thing and drunk too much water serves her right for trying to be clever and showing off:eek:
    I've had a couple of paranoias recently, but I think that was down to location!! Taking pills down ur local sticky carpet nightclub probably isn't for the best!! U think everyone is looking at u and staring right into ur golfball eyes!! The company helps as well, true, if I'm with my straighead mates I try and supress my actions and act straight which is bloody hard and makes for a crap night out!
    I have started taking hard drugs at 16, never had a problem. I know little 14-15 years old girls on crack, so I know what you mean.

You are from Montreal BungBudda? Because I am!