Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Favorite drugs movies!

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Come on people let's make a list of all our favorite drugs movies! (movies about drugs or with drugs involved) Mine are:

Fear and Loathing
Trainspotting
Requiem for a Dream
Naked Lunch
Blow
Half Baked
Dazed and Confused
Scarface
Quiqu'onque meurt, meurt à douleur (French movie from Québec, awsome, it's like "Cops go bad".)

I'm pretty sure I'm forgetting plenty, so help me out!

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Blow was a wicked movie. Loved the way they turned Penelope Cruz into trailer trash by the end.

Oh and True Romance is another one, which you can just watch over and over again. The scene with Christopher Walken and Dennis Hopper is pure magic... as is the ending!
    Pulp Fiction
    South west 9
    Cheech and chong movies (if you havnt seen these check them out, 70's stoners tre funny !)

:crazyeyes
  • SkiveSkive Posts: 15,282 Skive's The Limit
    Human Traffic and Twin Town
    Weekender Offender 
    The cheech and chong movies are great for when you're stoned, as is saving grace, but my favourite is lock stock, its pure class, if a little confusing in parts.
    Pulp fiction, Blow, Sorted, South West 9 (well recommended), Twin town, Requiem for a dream (Also recommended!), Fear and Loathing, G:MT, Human traffic, Trainspotting, Reefer Madness, American Beauty, Fritz the Cat.
    i was well stoned when i watched fear and loathing and tbh i thot i was scary
    Pulp Fiction, Friday, Next Friday

:D
    Human Traffic :crazyeyes
    Pulp Fiction :cool:
    my favourite drug movies are:
    friday
    next friday
    blow (wkd wkd film)
    human traffic
    trainspotting
    Travolta has the coolest kit EVER in Pulp Fiction!

Friday? Next Friday??
    Human traffic is spot on, just got the dvd and the writer/director is interviewed on it. There he says that when deciding who was to be in it he asked the actors if they were into the 'scene' and disregarded anyone who was 'straight'. That may be why it worked so well.

I got a dvd called 'acid house' which has 3 short films on it, FilmFour I think. The last 1 on it is based around this fella on a mad acid trip and is well worth a watch. They've been on tele I think and are in the bargain bucket in Asda (£7.50)
    my fave films r traffic, human traffic, cheech and chong and scarface, fuckin all classics!
    human traffic :)
    is acid house based on a book?
    The book is called 'Acid House' and is a collection of short stories by Irvine welsh. The T.V adaptation is also called 'Acid House'. but is only 3 of the short stories (one where he gets turned into a fly, one in which there is a mental guy who lives in a tenement building and is crazy and beats up the main character of the story, and I think the other one is about taking LSD as well, but I'm not too sure...), and that's 'Acid House'

The one about the fly is so funny.
    Favourite drug film has to be Twin town with out a fail is the best film i have ever seen make me laught from start to end every time and is just fantastic
    Defo Human Traffic - i lived in Cardiff for a few years during my drugs faze and it is soooooooo like that its not true!! Even worked @ one of the clubs it was filmed in!!

Whats that one with that Katie girl from Dawsons Creek too? Can't remember the name but that wa a goodun!!
    Human Traffic, Trainspotting, Fear and Loathing and Pulp Fiction...all classics!!

While on drugs, I love watching Alice In Wonderland :crazyeyes and Labyrinth, with a rather crazy looking Bowie playing the Goblin King. Headfuck!:lol:
    Yes! Alice is simply the coolest comic ever, and it was MADE FOR DRUGS! Mushrooms that my you 'grow" (high), catapillar smoking opium, the white rabbit (see: Jefferson Airplane), tweedle dee and tweedle dom, the signing flowers... I watched it on so many different drugs!
    I wasnt stunned with Blow, it was alright but relatively forgetable. If you want an insight into the coke trade you should read 'snow blind' a fantastic book about a seriously clever coke smuggler from the 70's.

Its not quite a druggie movie but a french film called 'La haine' is possibly the best movie ever made.

Fear and loathing is good too, although the books better and his other work is even better than that.
    "La Haine" is awsome!

Jusqu'ici, tout va bien...
    Check out Rush. Quality plus it's got Jennifer Jason Leigh in it :)
    Cool films

South West 9
    Trainspotting
    Requiem for a dream
    Fear and Loathing in L.V.

These are all great movies! drugs or no drugs.
    Nothing better than watching a film while passing spliffs!!!!
    Forgot to mention "Withnail and I"....absolutely fuckin hilarious!
    Who is the author of "snow blind"?
    Bill and teds excellent adventure is an excellent movie to watch while stonned too, all those shots of them going in the phone box are great. The full title is;

'Snowblind: A Brief Career in the Cocaine Trade' by Robert Sabbag

Its very good.

As for 'La Haine' everyone should go out and find it now and watch it, its a masterful piece of film work, stunning, artful and deeply moving.