Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Children sold 'Harry Potter' ecstasy pills

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Police in the United States have uncovered a drug smuggling ring they say targeted children by stamping Harry Potter's image on ecstasy pills.
New York detectives discovered 400,000 tablets worth $6m bearing the image of the popular children's hero.

"These Harry Potter brands are targeting a young audience," a special agent with the US Drug Enforcement Administration told the agency.

The pills were sold for $15 each, allegedly to children as young as 12.

Fourteen people were charged on Wednesday in connection with the operation.

If convicted, those responsible for the ring could face a 20-year prison sentence and a $1m fine.

The drug smugglers are thought to have been recruited in the Dominican Republic, Spain and the US.

Apparently they either put the drugs bought in Holland in pellets which they would swallow or hid them under tight clothing when passing through customs.

Authorities say some of the couriers would continue to the Dominican Republic where they would be given cocaine to smuggle into Europe, reported Associated Press.

The charges have been brought after a six-month investigation by US and Spanish authorities.

HAS ANYONE SEEN ANY OF THESE YET

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    extacy tablets being sold to 12 year olds ..
    sounds like another extacy myth ..

got a link to the actual story ?
    Re: Children sold 'Harry Potter' ecstasy pills
    Originally posted by Type R

HAS ANYONE SEEN ANY OF THESE YET

Yeah, a few pals of mine had them a few weeks back.

They were pinkish with "HP" stamped on, with the P at the bottoms of the H, in the lightening style writing used on the cover of Harry Potter books etc.
    Its all 'eledgidly' tho isnt it?!! Pills have had smurfs and stuff like that on them for years. I dont think they're specifically targeted at young kids. Just the young kids withing the older kids!! If you look @ the whole cyberkid phenomena. Adults dressed as kids!! It just goes with the club culture thing!!
    Had plain white HPs back last summer. They're certainly not worth 15 bucks a piece, so my advice is, save your money kids and buy some board games.:crazyeyes :)

Just seen this on gurn.net, made me smile:)
    _38726561_harrypotter150.jpg
    Yeah

Ive had them twice there the worst pills ive taken by far.had stronger paracetamol :confused::confused:
    Originally posted by addyh
    extacy tablets being sold to 12 year olds ..
    sounds like another extacy myth ..

got a link to the actual story ?

It was on the bbc news website yesterday
    I hate to say it but even the old 'beeb' dont get their facts right all the time. Take their coverage of the trial involving GHB a while ago, where they commented that it made people trip and pull their teeth out. Which is just a plain out and out lie.

This story is from the US and they are really trying to suppress xtc there because its exploding so much. Very very few dealers will aim drugs at the under 16 market, its too risky and they dont have any money.
    There is no way that anyone importing such a high number could be aiming for the 12 year old market, they will not have ANYTHING to do with selling them on the street, its just another design, like mitzi, dexters etc.
    I agree with you Mr Budda on the 2nd point, but that GHB documentary wasn't quite saying that (if we're talking about the same one)!! The one I saw was a true life experience of one (totally deranged) person!! I'm sure the average viewer can work out that that is a pretty extreme case!! But, like all forms of media, stories like this are gonna get used again and again as it sells itself to the audience and encourages more iteresting debate!!
    Ive had them twice there the worst pills ive taken by far.had stronger paracetamol

That's a shame. I'd have thought they'd have been magic. (slinks off with head hung in shame)
    dude .. :)
    brands don't mean anything.

you could get some killer harry potter tablets containing 200mg mdma and then by the end of the month there could be a replica with just dxm for example
    Figbella, I really hope you are ashamed of yourself after that gag.

As the the GHB, I was refering to the article that they had on their website a while ago, reporting on a court case where a woman was claiming that on GHB she was tripping and had to rip out her teeth.
    Which is just a plain lie.
    Its just a design !!!!