Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fat people...

12346»

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Originally posted by crescendo
    I had no intentions of triggering any eating disorders. These are some quotes from my initial post:

But now you know how some people could be taking your posts do you think you could maybe change the way your posts are coming across?
    To be honest you sound as though you have some very good information with regards to people losing weight, but when youre coming across like a Sergeant Major youre not really helping are you :)
    quote by Wicked Rose:
    "That's awfully kind, that you're trying to offer advice, but try doing it in a subtle way next time."

I'll just answer that with one of my favorite quote:
    "Wanting people to listen- you can't just tap them on the shoulder anymore. You have to hit them with a sledgehammer."

Now, I know it's not my job to single-handedly cure obesity and overweightness, and obviously some people are getting very offended, so I'll rest my thoughts here. I am not trying to offend anyone, only be truthful and honest in order to help them. And I believe Crescendo is only trying to do the same. I don't go around picking on or making fun of overweight people, heavens no. But people on these boards all seem unhappy with their weight and appearance. I am simply offering up facts about why being overweight is unhealthy, and that one should try to live a healthy lifestyle in order to cure this disease (obesity is now starting to be classified as a disease). Now, if it were healthy and there was nothing wrong with being overweight, it wouldn't be called a "disease". I can alert people to the danger they are in; I can offer tips on how to live a healthier lifestyle. You can listen to me or ignore me, it doesn't really matter. What you choose to do or not to do will not affect my life, only yours. But to say I am trying to offend people and that I might cause them to have an eating disorder by merely saying that being overweight is an unhealthy way to be - that's ridiculous. I don't know any of you, I never will, and I have no reason to be mean like that. Good luck to everyone trying to change their lifestyle for the better and become healthy.
    If you'd like to lose weight or be better toned, I just realized what I do. I ride my bike to school 1/2 hour each way, pretty much 5 days a week. Also if I wanna go somewhere on my Cape I have to bike there too. Plus in the warm weather I surf and blade. I never thought of it as exercise...but it is. But like I said before regarding people in my school...not on this board....I can't understand making anyone feel bad for the way they look. And if you're happy with the way you look....good 4 u.
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth

this is not true.

if this were true then i'd be as skinny as i wanted to be.
    Ok, tell us all what you eat in a typical day and approximately how active you are.........
    Well said, girl with sharp teeth :thumb:
    Yoghurt is good for you, especially Live or Bio yoghurt. those little actimel yoghurt drinks are great too, they boost the immune system
    Originally posted by girl with sharp teeth
    i also think that i eat pretty healthily on the whole. i don't eat things like chips, or fried foods very often at all, it's mostly things like pasta and jackets potatoes. i do eat alot of yoghurt, but if you're going to lambast me for eating yoghurt then i'm going to refuse to continue listening to you.
    I'm not going to lambast you for eating yogurt, but I am going to suggest that the vast amounts of yogurt that you eat (which contains fat, and suger) may be the ONE of the reasons why you disagreed with what I said above.
    Remember, the yogurt is only ONE of the reasons. There may well be other reasons that I don't know about, but lets not get into too much detail, unless u want to............
    You might as well stick with just bread and water, as far as crescendo is 'allowing' you.
    Originally posted by WickedRose
    You might as well stick with just bread and water, as far as crescendo is 'allowing' you.
    Thats not very wise is it?
    And what do you mean by 'allowing'? I am telling you the facts, SIMPLE. i.e, If you want to get slim this is what you have to do. Don't blame me, I didn't create humans and the way the react to certain foods.
    Awk, what was I thinking - Please put me right crescendo? You seem to be 'SO' good at that?! :rolleyes:
    Hang on, your saying that your not even fat? Well there you go, what are we talking about?
    And also, can I just point out that the reason why I, as you say, 'have a problem' with your diet and exercise (which I don't) is only because you didn't think that what I said was true (about eating healthily and keeping active = getting slimmer). Can I also point out that what I said was particularly aimed at overweight people. You are not overweight.
    Despite not being fat, you still want to be slimmer. There is nothing wrong with this, but I'm afraid your gonna have to work a bit harder if you want to achieve that, i.e, doing vigerous cardiovascular exercise (running instead of walking), maybe a bit of weightraining, and eating even more healthily.
    I AM NOT FORCING YOU TO DO ANY OF THIS, I AM JUST TELLING YOU THE FACTS.
    Peace
    I have to admit here: I'm really losing that plot. Why does it bother you so much that there is people out there that's over-weight?

Your thin, fit - maybe happy.
    Then there's other people who is over-weight + happy.

As for the ones who are over-weight and are unhappy, let them speak to a professional and get some advice, preferably not from you, no offence.

It's just so hurtful, the things you come of with. If you're trying to offer advice, listen to yourself before anyone else has to. Coz the things you have came of with are pretty harsh.

I know a beautiful little girl (8-9yrs old), called Emma. You could say shes over-weight but not because, she lives on fried food or chocolate or that she's lazy.... she has a medical problem. Her mum is so strict on her, making sure she eats the right food, and as a little girl, shes always playing round her neightbourhood then she has people like you, cricticising her parents (Oh, how could they let her get soo fat) and then the other kids from school, calling her names.

It's not right - And you're not helping, by making this post that is out off line from your comments you have made - You only know 'Some' of the facts.
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

But now you know how some people could be taking your posts do you think you could maybe change the way your posts are coming across?
    To be honest you sound as though you have some very good information with regards to people losing weight, but when youre coming across like a Sergeant Major youre not really helping are you :)

Crescendo you have not replied to this yet? I wonder why? I wonder is it because im slim (as I already pointed out) so you are not interested at all in me, all your interested in is having a go at the larger people.
    I do not think you are helping anyone here by the comments your constantly coming out with, the only thing you appear to be doing is giving them an even bigger complex problem.
    As I have already said you do seem as though you have some very good information but your using it in the wrong way, you seem as though you have got a thing about overweight people and its as though youre angry with them? It would be nice if you could use your knowledge in a more constructive way rather than the way you are currently putting things across.
    What about the people who eat really healthy foods and are still 'fat'? And what about the millions of thin people who eat nothing but junk food and do no exercise, but are still thin? Are they ok because they're thin, or do you look down on them too?

When walking down the street and you see an overweight person do you stare at them? Do you think to yourself 'look at that fatty, they must really *want* to be thin'?

Why do you care so much what other people do with their lives? Why interfere?
    Originally posted by BeckyBoo

Crescendo you have not replied to this yet?
    Sorry BeckyBoo, I didn't think you were expecting a reply. Yes, I guess I am using my good information in the wrong way, but only because I have to reply to the replies that have been flooding in since I started this discussion, most of which weren't, lets just say, very well thought out.
    Originally posted by crescendo
    Yes, I guess I am using my good information in the wrong way.

At last! What we have all been saying for the last 5 pages has begun to sink in!
    Originally posted by cheekychick

At last! What we have all been saying for the last 5 pages has begun to sink in!
    I still agree with everything I said, even though I may have said it harshly in some peoples opinions. Like I said in on of my previous replies, I don't live in a world where everything is flowers and daisies. All I know are the facts.
    So ok lets use your advice constructively :) You have good advice but maybe its been said rather harshly as you have said.
    good advice - BAD bedside manner
    All the same, it`s pretty pointless giving unsolicited advice ... it`s quite likely to be completely ignored. Especially when it`s rammed down your throat.