Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Do I leave or stay?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
Basically the situation is that I'm at a 6th form that is really bad Education wise.As I'm wiriting this I'm meant to be sitting an exam *THAT NO1 HAD TOLD ME ABOUT* untill this morning.So I got a call and I told them I wasn't given any exam entry and that's a problem on their side of things and I wasnt told I had an exam today.

I hate it there for a number or reasons..The two main ones are that the people their annoy me and the I'm just not gettin taught properly...No1 is!

So I wanna leave and thats the easy part but if I do leave I dont know what to do after.I dont wanna get into a dead end job or something like that and at the same time I dont think I wanna go to a diffrent college.

It really is driving me mad..Half the time I either dont bother to go in because its a waste of time and when I do go in the teachers spend half their time marking lower school work that they have.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    i'd leave, there's no point in staying if that's the way they're teaching you.

and if that's whats going on at the mo they've probably never taught you properly so i'd see no harm in taking the whole course again somewhere else!

you'd enjoy it more, meet new people and get a good education. Surely that's what you want???
    I have a similar problem. I find that in most of my classes the teaching is appalling. But in some it's OK - it ranges from good to disastrous, and my AS results reflected this: they ranged from grade A in one subject, to grade U in another because of their pathetic attitude. It seems some teachers just aren't interested, as though they don't care.

I say stick with it - study from revision guides if you have to. That's what I have to do. Education is extremely important these days, as is the social development that being there will give you. Leaving yourself without an education wouldn't be wise, in my opinion. If you really can't stay there, then find another college, even if it means travelling further.
    i left the lower sixth this december, my mom and dad went beserk but i got myself a fulltime job and i am getting under £900 a month and i pay 120 quid rent a month to them, they let me leave on the condition that i would go back into education this september and i have decided to go to a college, i know there is less discipline there but i can behave:-)
    It's a really hard decision to make - it all depends on how attatched you are to where you are now.

If you have the ability then I wouldn't advice leaving education for ever, but some time out/ looking for a new college could be a good idea
    Thanks to everyone thats repiled so far..it is a hard on what to decide :(

Right now I currently have to pay the college £34.60 because I couldn't sit two of my exams..due to having no course work. So I'm pretty pissed off about that because it's their lack of teaching thats put me in this situation!

I'm looking in to doing a NVQ in animal care right now..so I'm hoping at some point thats going to work out for me but I'm not too sure yet.

College still sucks and half the time I don't actually go in because there really is no point.I've got 4 months left of the course and it's not that long but being there makes it feel like a life time coz I dont enjoy it.

still not sure what to do but thanks for the advice eveyone
    :)
    In the end you have to do what's right for you. I'd say find another college it's always good having some qualifications, go somewhere else that feels right it is worth carrying on in education to sixth form as it opens more doors.