Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

just wondering

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
if you are a virgin, and have never had ANY sexual contact, is it still possible to have a STI/STD? this may seem like a dumb question but we watched this video in class and like lots of STDs like chlamidia have no symptoms, so you could have it and give it to whoever without knowledge. i was just wondering really.....

Comments

• Options
    I'm no expert at all, and what im about to say may be total rubbish but i dont think you can have an STI without having sex.

Having said that, for girls, the bacteria that causes thrush is always there but sumtimes it just grows and gets agrivated which is when a girl would then say she's got thrush. Therefore, maybe some other STI's already have the bacteria in the blood system and is waiting to be provoked!? :confused: :eek2:

Someone tell me that was aload of rubbish and to not give advice in the future! :blush:
  • Options
    I am sure that some STDs can be transmitted without penetrative sex, such as oral sex. And HIV can be trasmitted by the blood.
  • Options
    It is possible to catch infections by oral sex e.g gonorrhoea.
  • Options
    something like thrush can be sexually transmitted, but isnt always. if someone had thrush for some reason ie taking antibiotics or wearing nylon pants, then they could pass it on to someone through sex