Home Health & Wellbeing
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Fluoxetine tabs?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
My Doctor just gave me some Fluoxetine pills to take. Has anyone ever taken these? How did you feel after takeing them? What side effects did you get?

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Hiya,

Thats prozac right? I was given these to help me 'deal with my depression'. I didn't think that I really needed them, and so was a bit reluctant in taking them. I took them for a while, for about 3-4 weeks or soemthing, but they personally made me feel sick and so I didn't feel they did anything, so stopped. I guess I should have taken them for longer..

Anyway, it effects everybody differently. For people I know it has worked wonders, they had no side effects either liek scikness or anything, but yea, it all depends on the person.

They take a while to work, a few weeks, so if you take them for like 2 weeks and feel theyre not working, keep taking them becuase it takes a while.

Anyway, hoep I maybe helped a little, see how it goes.

:)
    Thats prozac right?

No not Prozac, I would neva take that.

Thx for ya help tho. :)
    Fluoxetine is prozac. What are you on the medication for? Are you sure you've got the name right?
    prozac is a name/brand type thing (i think) given to Fluoxetine.

What was the reason you went to the docs for and the reason he/she gave you them for?

Are they green and whitey/cream capsules?
    He gave them to for low serotonin levels/slight depression.

Edit: Their pale blue and cram.
    slight depression? yea, prozac. :)
    No not Prozac, I would neva take that.
    Theres nothign wrong with it, dont worry about it, but if you're uncomfortable taking it maybe you should go back to the doc and explain?
    It may well help, so its worth a try.

Originally posted by Jay-O
    He gave them to for low serotonin levels/slight depression.

Edit: Their pale blue and cram.

I have had them in two different colours yeah. Don't be worried because prozac is thought for only really barmy people. Thats a load of bollocks.

The only major side effect i have noticed is its harder to reach orgasm!:o Grr.

Theres a factsheet about it on here .

Hope this helps.
    Jay-O, it's the generic name for Prozac. Some people have side effects on it, others don't. It's mainly used to treat depression, and sometimes anxiety.

Like any antidepressant, it doesn't work for everybody. Can I make a suggestion? Call up the people who prescribed it if you have any questions or fears - they should be more than happy to explain anything to you, and they'd definitely want to know if it wasn't working or was giving you nasty side effects.
    if you mean peroxatine groovaybaby, then that is seroxat i think, and is from the same group of drugs as prozac, but slightly different. my ex was on that.