Home Drink & Drugs
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

What happens exactly?

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
I've NEVER EVER taken any drugs, or even smoked a cigarette for that matter (I think u all know what I think of smoking).

So, if you had to describe to an inexperienced person like me, can you just describe what exactly happens to you when you take drugs?

Can you answer questions such as:

What do you see?
How do you feel?
Is it a good feeling, bad feeling, relaxing feeling, sexual feeling, etc etc?
What happens to you when you snort heroin up your nostril?

The drugs that I am refering to in particular are the hard ones like Crack, Cocaine, Ecstacy, and Heroin.
I'd rather hear responses from people that have actually taken drugs (i.e. you lot), rather than what researchers or doctors say.
Cheers.

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    well if it felt horrible do you think there would be such a global demand for the stuff? if it was as damaging and nasty as the propaganda says don't you think the hospitals would be full of the mad and the dying and all druggies would be on invalidity benefits instead of working in banks, attending univirsity, practicing law, working in hospitals, organising some of the biggest humanitarian efforts in history (band aid). living to ripe old ages and touring the world. (the rolling stones). yes there are a few casualties along the way as there are for alcohol, skiing, car racing. nothing in this world is 100% safe.
    It depend of the drug. you can't compare crack and extacy.
    I take extasy about once a month now and the feeling can't really be described...there's no other feeling like it!!

As for Cannabis...it just makes you more relaxed, makes you wanna talk more and eat more...:rolleyes:
    My experiences or the way I perceive the effects of drugs.....

Pills - You drop and then after 10-30 mins later you feel a warm "coming up" feeling in your stomach, which is sort of like getting butterflies, maybe get a little sweaty or occasionally feel a little nauseous. Then you feel a sense of euphoria, you want to talk to people more and feel happy and loved up and want to dance.

Speed, Similar come up but more rushy (like the shivers you get down your spine sometimes) these can go all over your head and body. You become very sensitive to people touching your hair etc. Loads of hyperness as your body seems to be working over time, you talk quicker and its like life is on fast forward!

Smoking, When you first start smoking, your likely to get fits of giggles, munchies and more chatty. There is also the feeling of being very relaxed and sometimes feeling like you are stuck to the sofa and you weigh 18 stone! Can also cause mild paranoia too tho.

Ketamine is a weird one, if you have ever had an anaesthetic then thats kind of the feeling, ket is a weird one to describe. But do too much and you will fall into a K-hole, which is a very deep and dark place thats difficult to get out of (i think its somewhere between conciousness and unconciousness (sp)

:crazyeyes
    I think for me the easiest to describe is coke, you just feel a bit energised and really optomistic, like you could do anything you put your mind to, then it wears off after 30 mins and you feel crap.

It sounds rather tripe to describe it but your first pill experiance is something rather special. I remember turning round at one point feeling really good and this girl smiled at me, and I knew she knew I was rushing and I felt how nice it was to be excepted and to have such love from people you dont know. Then the beat kicked in and I danced till I got sod off huge blisters.

Speed is a bit like coke, in its description and not its effects. You feel very confident, happy and energised. Your brain works really fast and you can concentrate really well. How speed feels is all in the name really.

Most puff will just make you feel a bit giggly and silly, but also sedated and will make it harder to have a decent conversation. Really good puff will have a very light feel, make you feel five years old and sometimes make it feel like the top of your skulls been taken off and some ones cooling your brain slightly.
    Originally posted by morrocan roll
    well if it felt horrible do you think there would be such a global demand for the stuff?
    Well cigarettes don't exactly taste nice do they (I can tell by all of the smoke around me).
    cannabis is a strange one. what realy baffles scientists is that cannabis can be a relaxent one minute and a stimulent the next and then both at once! this is impossible to replicate in the lab with any mixture of substances.
    cannabis can relieve almost any unpleasant symptoms from almost any ailment. one reason the drug companies fight against it's legalisation. it does this with no bad side effects or only negligable ones that are very short lasting.
    thing with cannibus is, u get a different type of hit all the time, smoke a few joints and u'll be talking away, laughing eating, etc. take a few waterfalls on the other hand and you'll be couched, not going anywhere :D

oh how i love waterfalls
    cannabis is a strange one. what realy baffles scientists is that cannabis can be a relaxent one minute and a stimulent the next and then both at once!

The reason for this variety of effects is down to the amount of different pschoactive chemicals that are present in cannabis. THC and CBD to mention two, yet there are well over 60 diffrernt chemicals that are thought to contain psychoactive properties which are also present. This obviously will account for the differences in effects that cannabis has on the body. For example, it is well known that cannabis sativa varieties give a more stimulanting high, whereas cannabis indica varieties (which incidently are the types that hashish is made from ) give more of a sedative high. This is down to THC content being higher in relation to CBD content in Sativa and vice versa for Indica strains. However, selective breeding has caused there to be much crossing between Sativa and Indica strains so it is almost impossible to find pure Sativa or pure Indica strains. The pureist Sativa on the commercial market is Original Haze and is still being used extensively by cannabis breeders to cross with a wide variety of Indicas to produce some top quality weed.

For those interested, the reason for the cross breeding is that although Sativa produces more and better quality THC, it grows sparsely, takes longer to flower (approx. 10-12 weeks) and produces a much lower flower to leaf ratio thus producing less profitable herb for sale. On the other hand, Indica grows shorter and more compact, flowers in a lttle over half the time (6-8 weeks) and is more flower productive.

Getting back to the original point though, it would be interesting if scientists could isolate each chemical component and test the effects of each one separately. Obviously laws scrutinise such testing and so many beneficial chemicals that could be used medically are being ignore through pure ignorance. Lets just hope for changes in legislation that will allow such testing to take place so that we can all benefit from this delightful plant.
    see if i'd gone to school instead of borstal i could have said it like mr wabbit.
    hello mr wabbit, you sound like you know your stuff.
    late seventies moroccan started dissapearing and being replaced by sputnik. still moroccan but crossed if i remember rightly with hawain weed which grows on a very different terrain. volcanic in fact. this cross was made by white hippies who moved from manchester in the early 70's and set up home out there. with at least one american guy who came from a very wealthy family in publishing. this same group of people poured millions of pounds worth of top quality hashish oil into the .u.k. that was fantastic dope. on the off chance any of you are reading this, you will remember the news headlines screaming "shelly the blonde haired cannabis queen" . the trouble with all this cross breeding is that the variety of different buzzez is getting smaller and smaller. the high as a kite giggly twigs and leaves have all but dissapeared. the deep mystical/religous stuff is almost non existant.
    the modern world. one size fits all. variety...whats that?
    dope is just dope to a lot of youngsters now. it's hard to explain the many many differing qualities of high that was available not to long ago. the good news is...we own afghanistan again! we have some muscle around india/ pakistan/ turkey. lebanese is once again being grown. the only way is up and i feel confident you'll all be very surprised and pleased.
    I found with Cannabis, first time i had it, it made me hyper, i could talk loads more, yet when i went home to ma und pa, i was scared shitless. then after a few years i just felt dumb whenever i smoked.
    slow
    retarded
    couldn't keep my eyes open
    everyone was talking about me, even when they weren't
    parents KNEW no matter where i was WHAT i was doing (until christmas when me and dad swapped hallucination stories:D :cool: )
    then for the first time i tried Speed
    that was fantastic
    i mean i know its different for everyone, and there are dangers, but i'm fucked in the head sometimes, depressed unhappy etc etc.
    but when i did speed
    i did a shit load
    and was drinking as well
    and i couldnt' stop moving, music moved through me i moved with the beat... sounds stupid i know
    but i was sat at me mates house listenin to hard trance, somethin which i usually hat,e but i was lovin every minute of it. head bouncin, even when there wasn't nemusic:confused:
    soo good
    stayed awake for 7 hours tho and was stood up for 4 hours straight, and me mate was standing up, sitting down, standing up, sitting down. but all in all a fuckign fantastic nite
    i felt soo good
    basically
    try speed. if you want to. its like a concentrated shot of caffiene. if your curious about it, ask yer mates whove done it b4 what it feels like, get as much info as you can.
    but from my experience, it was fantastic,. and il'l try it again,. even tho i said idnever touch anything but weed.
    :rolleyes:
    follow the yellow brick road follow the yellow brick road...
    I could never smoke weed - it always gave me a headache.
    Originally posted by Maypoo
    I take extasy about once a month now and the feeling can't really be described...there's no other feeling like it!!

DITTO! I take it once a month as well, but if any one of us told you what E feels like you would just think that we are mad and just promoting it. As long as you are careful I personally can't think of a more apropiate name for a drug.but Mrs Bettes etc would disagree.
    how do you explain an orgasm to one who has never been there?
    like peeing but better.
    Further to the earlier post, if you still don't have a clue what a pill is like, look up in a dictionary

Euphoria
    Love
    Empathy

multiply all of them by at least 10 and then you can at least start to guess what it is like.
    Then look up

Shit or words to the effect

That is how if you do too much, you could feel the day after! Although I just seem to be chilled. Having a post-pill smoking sesssion seems to avoid this for me, haven't got the faintest idea why

:confused:

In my personal opinion, a cigarette is much worse than most illegal drugs, which makes you think. are the government really so concerned about our welfare?? Methinks not!
    Originally posted by octopus of doom
    like peeing but better.

LMAO !
    Try smoking bananas if u want a real bad headache does get u quite phucked tho depends if u cook it right:cool:
    Originally posted by smokeit2002
    Try smoking bananas if u want a real bad headache does get u quite phucked tho depends if u cook it right:cool:

NO NO NO NO NO ! Get out of the "drugs" forum mate and get a mother fucking life, cant believe you had the audacity to use the "cool" smilie after that too :rolleyes:

Anyone tried nutmeg ? LMFAO :lol:
    aint tried nutmeg might give it a go smoke some tea leaves they will burn ur throat and shut u up without getting u phucked smoke coffee granules and they melt oh and i do have a life tho it is however a weird twisted one :p
    Alright so I dont know anything about you, drugs are drugs and anything else is used for cooking or feeds monkies !

There is nothing legal you can get that will mess you up like the illegal, dont try it its not worth it !

(obviously there is perscription stuff out there)
    Originally posted by CRAZYREDEYES
    Alright so I dont know anything about you, drugs are drugs and anything else is used for cooking or feeds monkies !

There is nothing legal you can get that will mess you up like the illegal, dont try it its not worth it !

(obviously there is perscription stuff out there)

GO BURT GO BURT
    Originally posted by Type R

GO BURT GO BURT

AYE !

:eek: :lol:
    nutmeg

Nutmeg gets you well fucked if you eat it. tastes like shit and takes about an hour to kick in though.

An interesting effect if it dont make you feel sick and you dont dehydrate.

Take hash instead, much better and dont taste like shit.
    The only thing that used to be around that you could get properly twisted on was DXM but they have taken that off the market. However trying to drink a whole bottle of cough medicine really wasnt nice and the last time I did it I got lots of strange gurgling sounds from my gut.

As far as legal things go there is saliva, but then that stuff is just scary, plus LSA I think thats legit but I've heard bad things about it. Also theres harmaline seeds but I wouldnt go near them.
    There is nothing legal you can get that will mess you up like the illegal

i don't agree...have you tried a good trip of lsa??? It can make you trip as much as lsd, and its like extremely easy o obtain and its cheap...i use it instead of lsd, its kinda purer and more mystical, but heh a bit less visuals
    I don't use drugs but I've been always curious about their effects and how to prepare them (at least the chemical ones...)
    Time ago I found this site: http://www.lycaeum.org/ which is very very interesting: there are various sections like "preparation", "trip reports", "art" and so on...

Bye!
    There are very few drugs that you can make at home without at least a decent knowlege of chemistry, and of course the process is normaly against the law.
    opions cant spell from a 20 yr old :>

ecstasy = lovely warm loving feelings amoung ur friends second to none.

coke = agresive lovely strong feeeling confident amazement.

crack = same as above just more intense and shorter

heroin = (only done once) feels nice oh so nice just so bad and i dunno just comfortable.! dont diss what u aint done

mary jane = well its my fav because... no down side really its not heroin and its not ecstasy its basicaly legal here it gives u a good buzz yet a chilled out feeling.

i would talk about ketamine but no...