Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Cardiovascular Exercises

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
ok i have been told to stay healthy that you need to do 20 minutes of sustained excercise 3 times a week. I was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for this? (like a timetable or something...) I cant really go to the gym so i was wondering what i could do. I just want to stay healthy really, not toning up my body too much or anything.
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Running
    Walkng
    Cycling
    Rowing
    Swimming
    Eliptical machine
    Sports

If you dont have access to a gym just go running/jogging for 20-30 mins on mon/wed/friday....While 20 mins is enough, youd be much better off doing 30 :)
    One of the most fun exercises I can think is Dance Dance Revolution Konamix.

DDR is a line of games for Playstation One & Two.

They have a section devoted to exercise and it will count calories and time automatically.

All you need is one of the game systems, a footpad, and a game. If you want to keep a record of what you have done, you’ll need a memory card as well. Be aware if you don’t have any of these things already, just the footpad and game costs $19.99 American dollars each.

If you live near an arcade, I believe you can use the same card you use for the game on the DDR games in arcades as well.

I think it is worth it though. I don’t use it for exercise, but I play the game almost daily. Most games bore me after a while, but I’ve had the game for two weeks and haven’t tired yet (it’s a record).
    Is that what you supposed to do, 20 minutes 3 times a week ? I play footy 2 hours a week, does that count even though its in a 2 hour block ? :confused: Or is it best to do it on seperate occasions ?
    seperate occasions i think. we did this big thing in PE where we had to do a rota thing and like we were always active for 20 minutes doing pushups running or something. it is just meant to get your heart pumping and keep it active for a while. then afterwards you are meant to do lots of stratches to increase your flexibility - ooh i would like to be like one of those people who can put their feet behind their heads
    ok. im pretty skinny. i would like a high-preotein low fat diet, but so far i just get whatever i get. i do eat lots and lots of fruit tho. love it.

im about 5 foot 3 and only weigh a meagre 45 kilograms. thats equivelent to about 6 stone 8 pounds.

i would like to tone my chest but so far have had no luck. my stomach aint too bad. my biceps aint bad either, just my right one is a lot bigger than my left one ;) from too much, writing :rolleyes:

seems impossible to even them up. the equipment i have and 2 5kilo dumbells, a floor, and my own body :D

i just wanted in general to keep my heart rate healthier so it doesnt change so much when i start doing physical stuff.

like running. luckily im getting more fit recently :D
    Do so many push ups a day- start with say 20 and every 2days do 1 extra. So by the end of the week your doing 23-this will increase arms and chest and hopefully even them out.

Sit-ups are easy to do as well.
    try to learn different types and slowly build yourself up.

Start with either taking long walks or light jogs around identical routes each time. Time yourself and every day try to better your time by pushing yourself-
    After a month or two or noteably improvede times move onto longer distance. The sit-ups and push ups are better done slower
    and breathing is very important.This should tone you up grand-just stick to it!