Home General Chat
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

Walking

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited January 2023 in General Chat
Anyone into walking for fun? I like a good walk, though have been doing it a bit less than usual because of the crappy weather! It's a very good form of cardiovascular exercise (in English, exercise which benefits your heart)....
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    Walking loses its appeal when u walk to school every day!And back! I liked cycling when i was younger, but haven't done it for a while :P
    i haven't done much cycling either. I haven't done much walking either because it's the time of year when you don't know whether it's going to piss with rain or whether it's going to be alright. I walk to college every day but enjoy the odd walk as well, it's a good way of relieving boredom, enjoyable in itself, keeps you fit. But I take it from the lack of interest in this topic, people don't find it very cool? :confused:
    I really enjoy a good walk also, but when it's -25 out, NO WAY!
    Originally posted by Bond_Gurl
    I really enjoy a good walk also, but when it's -25 out, NO WAY!

i can understand that. there are people out there who enjoy walking out in the cold, but I would say they have some rather abnormal psychological needs.

How often do you go for walks?
    When i went to high school i walked to and from there most of the time. But now im at college i have to take the bus and so i dont get to walk as much. sometuimes i think i wish i could walk to college. when the weather gets better im going to try and walk more at the weekends.
    i havent cycled for ages though!
    go for it! :D
    i enjoy walking outside in the cold, but not when its wet. not when its hot either. perfect day = outside, snowing, no wind, about -4 degrees celsius. i just walk along and look into the sky and it sorta connects u know? but then again i have lots of countryside where i live so i walk thru woods and forests all the time which feels good.
    walking

:eek:
    :lol:
    :eek2:
    :naughty:
    :nervous:
    :banghead:
    :hyper:
    :heart:
    :no:
    :yes: