Home› Introduce Yourself
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.

hi everyone

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
Hi everyone,

Im quite familar with this site as ive been reading the boards for about a year and decided to become active! Im 24 from Scotland and suffer from M.E. Im studying Social Science - Psychology with the open uni... Im intrested in lots of things ie - computers, horses, skiing, Tennis, Psychology, extreme weather the paranormal and good discussions, Im a night owl as well. Thats all for now!

Tiny Snowflake

Comments

• Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
    hi there :wave:

i'm a bit of a night owl too 'cos in my job i do the late shifts (don't start til 1pm... YAY!) what part of scotland are you from?
    Hi steve - I live in a village near Glasgow. Its really cold up this way at the moment! Its too easy to be a nite owl when you dont have get up early eh. What part are you from?
    bloody cold here too! i'm not in scotland, i'm down south in essex, but my dad lives just outside perth so i go to scotland a lot. yes its very easy not getting up in the morning, cos i hate mornings! haven't seen 7am for oh so long :D
    haha - either have I, except I did get up at 7:30am this morning with a rumbling tummy, so went to bring the milk in and it was froozen thru:eek: dayum so I went back to bed. Perthshire is so pretty, I used to go thru that way alot when competing with the horses. My Dad works/lives down in Birmingham so you could say i have a second home there too.
    cool, looks like both have the same situation just orther way round to each other. birmingham is cool, only been there couple of times though, city centre is great! i'll PM you my Msn/Yahoo ID. might get in trouble for chatting here... *looks around*
    Helloooo :wave:
    I like your username! :)
    Hi There snowflake,

Wherebouts just outside glasgow, im from Airdrie myself.
    Im on the west side outside of Paisely, no point saying the name of my village as no one ever seems to know it lol;) Have you had any snow in Airdrie today?
    Hey there how are ya. Hope u had a gr8 xmas and a fab New Year. Im from Dundee and just thought i would coem say a big Hello to ya.

Hope to hear from ya

Gillian
    Hey. It seems odd to be welcoming someone who has been reading th boards for a year, but hi, hello! All the same. :D
    Do you still have horses of your own? What kind of competing did you do?
    hiya :D
    hiya daisy, nice to meet you, I see you are a newbie yourself! You must have tonn of snow up in Dundee? eh
    HI there smash, I guess it is weird starting to post after a year of reading as i feel like ive been here for ages, but to you lot I havent! anyway - I no longer have any horses or ride, my health/engery levels cant stand up to it anymore:( But I regulary competed right thru my teens. I was into Cross Country 1 day events, tryed a bit of Team Chasing and loved it. Also trooped round all the local argricultre shows during the summers and did some unaffilated showjumping. Loved every min of it - took all the snobby competiveness that goes on with a pinch of salt. Are you into horses yourself?
    Yep! I used to spend a huge amount of time helping out at the local riding stable and looking after the liveries - money and distance were an issue so my plea's for a pony were duly ignored :D
    I don't get to ride anymore (also health issues, sucks :( ) but I did some unaffiliated showjumping and some working-hunter trials. I didn't get to do much three-day eventing, but dressage was never a great love of mine. Yeah, some of the attitudes were shitty but I guess you don't really notice at the time - wild.. er, horses couldn't have kept me away. :D

I'm going to shut up now.
    Hey there Tiny Snowflake :wave:

Im not from Scotland, Im from Northern Ireland, but thought I'd post a friendly 'hello' anywayz :)
    cool smash, one thing i would love to experince is the whole western style thing, Go out to one of these ranches in canada or the US and learn to ride western and learn the horse whispering techniques. I think it looks so liberating and very different from how we ride. I miss it alot as im sure you do too, horses are such healing animals to be around ( I know that sounds cheesy but im sure u understand what i mean) last horse I had was a gem, his atittude was give him 100% and you got 100% back, but only give him 50 % he'd give only 50% back. Ah once the bug has bitten, thats you forever eh, at least riding is a skill you cant forget....
    Hi wickedrose, I see your kinda new as well, nice to meet you!
    hewo and welcome :)
    Hiya :wave:
    Originally posted by Tiny Snowflake
    Im on the west side outside of Paisely, no point saying the name of my village as no one ever seems to know it lol;) Have you had any snow in Airdrie today?

Snows dissapearing a little at a time, but seems as if its getting colder, ach well means i dont need to watch Airdrie play for a few weeks, should count myself lucky :)
    Ello :D
    hi
    welcome to the group :wave:
    hi everyone

hi everyone!!!!