Home Work & Study
If you need urgent support, call 999 or go to your nearest A&E. To contact our Crisis Messenger (open 24/7) text THEMIX to 85258.
Options

L.S.E

Former MemberFormer Member Posts: 1,876,323 The Mix Honorary Guru
edited March 27 in Work & Study
I am an in Fifth year at the moment, so I still have the rest of this year to go and next year. I was thinking about applying to the LSE (London School of Economics and Political Science) to study an economics course.

Is there anyone here that studies an economics course at the LSE, goes to the LSE or anyone got any thought on the place?

My only negative point is that the LSE is in the centre of London, so high living costs...
Post edited by JustV on

Comments

• Options
    Hooray! At last! A post about LSE!

I go to the LSE and after a few early wobbles (well I actually ahd my bags packed to leave but my friends blockaded the door and talked sense into me), and IT ROCKS! People say high living costs, I say I barely notice it, and I'm from a family whose total yearly earnings are £20,000 a year! For economics, all my friends do it, and while it may be stressful, I don't think you will find a better place to study economics, since after all it is in our name, and most of the school is devoted to it. If you have any more questions drop me a line

@ Email address removed as it's not a great idea to post it to a public messageboard, however you could PM it Susie :)

and I'd be more than happy to give you some honest advice. Also check out the alternative prospectus on the SU page, it has an honest student's view of the LSE. Much Love!
  • Options
    Re: L.S.E
    Originally posted by squawkBOX

My only negative point is that the LSE is in the centre of London, so high living costs...

I know someone at the LSE (law) and I'm fairly sure that their loan/grant reflects the higher cost of living in London.

And they're loving the LSE.